Star Trek Starship Model Collection

The ships are sized to the box they come in. Nearly all of them have the same sized box so ships like the Enterprise E which is longer than the D will be smaller. The D is shorter and wider so will be bigger. The price they charge determines the size. It was £9.99 a issue back in 2013.

Sorry Butler, you clearly have put lot of time into this and thought about it thoroughly but the answer for me is no.

I like them the size they are. I am not bothered about scale. I want to be able to see them clearly and admire them for what they are. I am not looking for realistic size comparisons between them or having them to scale to how they are meant to be.

Last edited:
Also check this scale chart showing how the ships would be in size compared to each other. Eaglemoss have to think what the whole collection would look like. You can't have tiny models and then massive models.

em-ships-scale-chart-fed.jpg

POST #2 OF 2

Second Set: Enterprises in ~1:5000 Scale

You're going to have to piece it together across various product lines, and the scaling is going to be maddeningly inconsistent.

NCC 1701 (your only option in this scale; technically just a Constitution class, but close enough)
289 meters (actual length)
0.057 meters (model length) = 1:5000 scale
found on Shapeways.com (3-D printed, unpainted plastic model)
paHOUY2.jpg

NCC 1701-A (your only option in this scale)
305 meters (actual length)
0.063 meters (model length) = 1:4841 scale
made by Heroclix / Whiz Kids Star Trek: Attack Wings (these are pre-painted models made from the same molds, but the former line is more detailed than the latter)
Sdiz8nR.jpg

NCC 1701-B (your only option in this scale)
467 meters (actual length)
0.080 meters (model length) = 1:5838 scale
made by Galoob Micro Machines (pre-painted plastic model/toy)
JfFmHd1.jpg

NCC 1701-C (your only option in this scale)
526 meters (actual length)
0.108 meters (model length) = 1:4875 scale
made by Furuta (pre-painted plastic model)
zQDuF02.jpg

NCC 1701-D (your only option in this scale)
643 meters (actual length)
0.139 meters (model length) = 1:4610 scale
made by Eaglemoss (pre-painted diecast model)
see picture above

NCC 1701-E (your only option in this scale)
686 meters (actual length)
0.146 meters (model length) = 1:4680 scale
see picture above

Third Set: Enterprises in ~1:2500 Scale

Finally, by far the easiest way to do this is to go big. AMT makes all of the major Enterprises in 1:2500 scale.

And the easiest way to do that is to just get AMT's comprehensive 7-in-1 Enterprise 1:2500 scale model kit and be done with it.
lCiTTbp.jpg

AMT also has a 3-in-1 kit kit with the original Constitution class, the Enterprise-A, and the Enterprise-B:
wfUvdrJ.jpg

As well as individual 1:2500 scale model kits for the Enterprise-C:
5pQszpe.jpg

A 1:2500 scale model kit for the Enterprise-D:
DvA5d9u.jpg

And a 1:2500 scale model kit for the Enterprise-E:
dtbWOsB.jpg

This is what they look like assembled (these new decals cover most of the ships so you can get by without painting, though precise modelers will undoubtedly want to add the appropriate accents and details):
1cpfsHv.jpg

Two additional notes. First, AMT also came out with a 3-in-1 kit with the original Constitution class, the Enterprise-A, and the Enterprise-D. This kit is a few decades old (literally) and does not come with the extensive decals as the newer AMT kits, so I'm not including it in this discussion (since it's both redundant and obsolescent):
EdDMde6.jpg

Second, AMT also came out with a 3-in-1 kit with the Enterprise-B, Enterprise-C, and Enterprise-E. This kit is also older and does not come with the extensive decals found in the newer AMT kits, so again, I'm excluding it from discussion.
IDvOZgb.jpg

So, here's how you build your complete Enterprise set in ~1:2500 scale:

NCC 1701 (Option 1)
0.116 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
made by AMT (unpainted plastic model, but comes with a lot of decals), either as part of the 7-in-1 kit or the 3-in-1 kit (TOS, A, B)
see picture above

NCC 1701 (Option 2)
0.129 meters (model length) = 1:2240 scale
see picture above

NCC 1701-A (Option 1)
0.122 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
made by AMT (unpainted plastic model, but comes with a lot of decals), either as part of the 7-in-1 kit or the 3-in-1 kit (TOS, A, B) -- please note that the 7-in-1 kit has the NCC 1701 Constitution Refit (so technically not NCC 1701-A), whereas the 3-in-1 kit has the actual NCC 1701-A
see picture above

NCC 1701-A (Option 2)
0.135 meters (model length) = 1:2260 scale
see picture above

NCC 1701-B (your only option in this scale)
467 meters (actual length)
0.187 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
made by AMT (unpainted plastic model, but comes with a lot of decals), either as part of the 7-in-1 kit or the 3-in-1 kit (TOS, A, B)
see picture above

NCC 1701-C (your only option in this scale)
526 meters (actual length)
0.210 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
made by AMT (unpainted plastic model, but comes with a lot of decals), either as part of the 7-in-1 kit or the standalone kit
see picture above

NCC 1701-D (Option 1)
0.257 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
made by AMT (unpainted plastic model, but comes with a lot of decals), either as part of the 7-in-1 kit or the standalone kit
see picture above

NCC 1701-D (Option 2)
0.220 meters (model length) = 1:2913 scale
see picture above

NCC 1701-E (Option 1)
0.274 meters (model length) = 1:2500 scale
see picture above

NCC 1701-E (Option 2)
0.270 meters (model length) = 1:2537 scale
see picture above

In conclusion, any word on whether Eaglemoss plans to release a set of Enterprises all in the same in-universe scale? I like to think there's far more of a market for an accurate 1:5000 or 1:2500 scale set of all the major Enterprises than the random concept models, one-offs, and shuttlecraft that Eaglemoss has been producing lately (e.g. a replica of Archer's Toy Ship -- really? Are a lot of people buying that?)

Respectfully,
butlers

P.S. Sincerely appreciate your comments and corrections!
I don’t think they have plans to release a same scale set of ships no. The AMT kit is your only way to get a set like that.

Much prefer the way they have been released, its not possible to do them to scale without certain ones just being pointless, the NX-01 would be the size of a 10p if it was to scale with the Enterprise-E lol

I am so close to resuming my subscription as the web shop seems to be in no hurry to add 174 and 175

My sister gave me another two Pop figures for my birthday so now (beside con exclusives) I have the complete original BSG collection...

98E81BF2-B86B-4B40-84BD-5D4BC3CFB338.jpeg

Asked to have my subscription restarted from issue 174 and was told I would be billed on May 25th for 174/175/176/177.

Well no payment was taken Monday or yesterday but today they took £25.98 o_O so no idea if they have skipped 174/175 or if I will be a month behind going forward :facepalm:

Bugger, 2 months wait and get glue drips. Does looks like a nice model.''

xxxx 005.jpg

xxxx 004.jpg

The Zimmerman. The stand does not go where the previews and box have it, it also is very tight so I would file the stand slightly. Best of the smaller ships.

ZIMMER01.jpg

I managed to pick of most of the glue on the bottom. :)

ZIMMER02.jpg

ZIMMER03.jpg

ZIMMER06.jpg

ZIMMER04.jpg

Last edited:
I have got 10 Eaglemoss issues preordered with Forbidden Planet (5 are already supposed to be out) and the last 3 days their website has been offline. They have been my backup to Eaglemoss but now wonder if they have gone. There has been zero communication from the company either on facebook or twitter.

I did manage to cancel the toy ship 3 days ago as I have ordered it from Eaglemoss. I am still waiting for Eaglemoss to ship it out despite using DPD.

Anyone have problems with the EM webshop? My last 2 orders are still stuck on processing. I ordered the special when it came out 2 days ago but have another order from 26th May. I cannot get anyone from EM to get back to me.

Has anyone bought ships using Forbidden Planet? After 9 days, they finally admit they have been hacked.

This is the site atm.

fp.jpg

My order of The Betty from the Alien and Predator collection was dispatched yesterday.
Anyone have problems with the EM webshop? My last 2 orders are still stuck on processing. I ordered the special when it came out 2 days ago but have another order from 26th May. I cannot get anyone from EM to get back to me.

My order of The Betty from the Alien and Predator collection was dispatched yesterday.

I don't get it. EM just tells me delays due to pandemic but others can get DPD deliveries on time. Today, people got STO ships after being ordered yesterday !

I really do like the look of it. I am now hoping they will do one of the refit Enterprise. Just imagine though if they do one of DS9!

I think it will be just the Enterprises plus perhaps the NX01 even though it was after First Contact.

Got a delivery coming tomorrow of the T'Plana Hath special. Still waiting for my order from 26th May which has the Archer's Toy Ship.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom