Star Trek Starship Model Collection

I think it must have been budget reasons, they needed a shuttle for the scene and the the disco one is ready to go and will be of a much higher quality render than anything that appeared in TNG. probably hoped none of us would notice lol

It can be any Odyssey class in drydock.

Oh I agree was just saying that the official prequel Picard comic has an Odyssey class so perhaps it will appear.

I think it must have been budget reasons, they needed a shuttle for the scene and the the disco one is ready to go and will be of a much higher quality render than anything that appeared in TNG. probably hoped none of us would notice lol

That does make sense, the shorts are limited in their budget and time so likely used whatever they already had available which would be DSC assets so I guess it's possible that in the final version of the show more TNG era familiar vessels might make an appearance.

I do wonder if the budgets are going down each year as the number of episodes of Discovery are going down to. It is not good when they charge £28 for each season. Season 3 is only going to be 13 episodes.

There was a DSC shuttle seen in a Picard trailer. I did think it could have been a temporary addition just for the trailer.

I do wonder if the budgets are going down each year as the number of episodes of Discovery are going down to. It is not good when they charge £28 for each season. Season 3 is only going to be 13 episodes.

There was a DSC shuttle seen in a Picard trailer. I did think it could have been a temporary addition just for the trailer.
It must cost an absolute fortune to produce discovery though, even Netflix has its limitations. I’m just glad we have trek back on our screens after such a massive break, even if it’s just 13 episodes. I just hope Picard and the other series planned don’t overkill it though.

It must cost an absolute fortune to produce discovery though, even Netflix has its limitations. I’m just glad we have trek back on our screens after such a massive break, even if it’s just 13 episodes. I just hope Picard and the other series planned don’t overkill it though.

Apparently each episode of Discovery cost CBS $8-8.5 million dollars to produce, with Season 1 they supposedly got back the entire production cost from the deal they made with Netflix but you are right while it’s good to have Trek back I hope they don’t over saturate.

Don't forget Picard is on Amazon Prime here in the UK. I don't have it.

Might be worth waiting for every episode to be out and then get a free months trial and order a load of stuff from amazon with free postage while you’re at it lol

Love your restraint lol no way could I wait 2 months to watch it, has to be as it is released otherwise you can be certain it will be spoilt.

Just received the Blackbird from the BSG collection, very nice indeed and certainly on the large size, only issue is the cockpit canopy has not been stuck on fully so there is a tiny gap along the front but besides that its flawless.

072218B3-CE88-4162-9175-0FB7938E59A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Just received the Blackbird from the BSG collection, very nice indeed and certainly on the large size, only issue is the cockpit canopy has not been stuck on fully so there is a tiny gap along the front but besides that its flawless.
Really want it but I’m skint and I’ve just come back to a parking ticket stuck to my car windscreen lol

Well, I called Discovery Collection to cancel. I am going to keep ordering them via the shop because after the various dicsounts it will be cheaper and will buy them with bonus ships and XL. (BTW the klingon d4 bonus ship is now available. I asked them as well about issues 20-22 I have not received. They said allm19-22 should have gone together and that only receiving issue 19 should not have happened so will resend them.

Well, I called Discovery Collection to cancel. I am going to keep ordering them via the shop because after the various dicsounts it will be cheaper and will buy them with bonus ships and XL. (BTW the klingon d4 bonus ship is now available. I asked them as well about issues 20-22 I have not received. They said allm19-22 should have gone together and that only receiving issue 19 should not have happened so will resend them.
Yeah mines cancelled as well. Pointless keeping it up.

I didn't want to lose out getting the D4 Concept so managed to borrow a bit of money to do a order a couple weeks early. I have left out the Suliban for now to order with the Klingon D7. I opted for new10 code to make sure it is in my account history. I wished hero20 still worked.

order.jpg

I didn't want to lose out getting the D4 Concept so managed to borrow a bit of money to do a order a couple weeks early. I have left out the Suliban for now to order with the Klingon D7. I opted for new10 code to make sure it is in my account history. I wished hero20 still worked.

View attachment 1245373

Is NEW15 no longer working? as it worked ok for me last Friday.

It does not work if logged in.

If you apply it while logged out and then log in at checkout it works, at least it did for me.

If you apply it while logged out and then log in at checkout it works, at least it did for me.

Bugger, did not know that.

edit - Still did not work. new15 worked when logged out but as soon as I log in it did not work.

Last edited:
91381A3F-D311-47D6-ADF0-753FCA844A6B.jpeg

So after cancelling the subscription I decided to just order what I wanted from the online shop, so now I’m up to date (I think)
That landing pod is enormous by the way, gives that special a run for its money. By the way once it’s out the box it’s very difficult to put back in without damaging the fins so keep that in mind.

Wow it is big. I hope mine is easy to get back in the box. It will be stored away for the moment. They should have made the fins detachable.

The Charon is still backwards on the stand so I would turn the stand around.

Last edited:
Order has come. They put the mags next to the landing pod despite room above the landing pod box so they got creased.

I have taken the landing pod out and put back in a couple times. Just need to wiggle the top bit of Styrofoam. It goes in sideways.

xxx 015.jpg

xxx 006.jpg

xxx 003.jpg

xxx 004.jpg

This needs plenty of room. The fins that stick out are very fragile. They will bend. As I was moving the ship round, I was making them ping and vibrate as I accidentally touched them. I think they should have been thicker.

Lots of detail.

LPOD12.jpg

LPOD02.jpg

LPOD03.jpg

LPOD11.jpg

LPOD05.jpg

LPOD04.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom