Star Trek Starship Model Collection

I am rather annoyed that Forbidden Planet started shipping out the Karemma (although it is technically the Bajoran variant) last week. My one is still showing as awaiting stock. I preordered back on the 1st November.

Yes another concept.
Just can’t get excited about them. I remember getting excited every month but now? Nope.
Hopefully there will still be some interesting ships in the final batch, it would be nice for the collection to end on a high, Borg cube issue 180?

Ben has been working on a Borg cube special but it was too big and heavy to be made. I don't get why it such a problem.

Ben has been working on a Borg cube special but it was too big and heavy to be made. I don't get why it such a problem.
I don’t get it either, could make it plastic, infact it would be better in plastic anyway to get better detail, to save weight. Plus it’s a cube, literally the perfect shape for it to go into a box for shipping, so I don’t get why it would be too big because they managed to send the subscribers version out fine enough and it would be about the same size.

They did it with the Tactical cube being all plastic. Just makes the sides plastic and secure a weight inside to make it a bit heavier. At this stage even a small one would be better than not doing it all.

They did it with the Tactical cube being all plastic. Just makes the sides plastic and secure a weight inside to make it a bit heavier. At this stage even a small one would be better than not doing it all.
They will definitely do one, they can’t not do one, it will make them too much money. Yeah even a small one would do, although an XL that lights up would be amazing also.

Finally issue 12 in the Discovery collection has arrived for subscribers. Well for me anyway.!

C8CAFBF9-67C6-49AC-A682-652FC5DDCB74.jpeg

I knew something was up, just too many problems.

Still sudden. I hope stock is around for a while and I still want the xl ds9.

Still sudden. I hope stock is around for a while and I still want the xl ds9.
I imagine anything that’s already mid production will still get released just nothing more. If I don’t get a Borg cube after all this time as well I’m going to be pissed lol

That is quite the shock, things must have gone south fast since DST.

Still seems to be some confusion over whether this is with immediate affect (no more sub deliveries after 164/165) or whether they are cutting the collection short and there might still be a few more deliveries.

Last edited:
Wow that is rapid. I wonder if that's just the regular collection or includes bonus, special and XL and what we will actually get. - will all the stuff announced still go out.

Wow that is rapid. I wonder if that's just the regular collection or includes bonus, special and XL and what we will actually get. - will all the stuff announced still go out.

Nothing concrete but think its just the regular collection and specials so XL and Bonus issues should still be released, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the already revealed future issues now become bonus issues.

I guess I want to know if I will still get issue 164 and 165. Ben only posted the Cardassian torpedo thingy last night so they must still be going. Also what about the Gold D????

Could be a case of the factory burned down or was closed suddenly, Or they lost the licence suddenly? the email was really vague, they probably don’t know much themselves to be fair, it seems like a really sudden decision.
As long as I get my Borg cube I could probably do without most of what was due to come out anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor they started using a few years ago (when the deliveries started going to hell) is the reason for subscription collection is being closed, either they couldn't renew the contract or the cost had gone up too much etc but I imagine the collection itself will continue just we will need to now buy them from the store now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor they started using a few years ago (when the deliveries started going to hell) is the reason for subscription collection is being closed, either they couldn't renew the contract or the cost had gone up too much etc but I imagine the collection itself will continue just we will need to now buy them from the store now.
That could be the case but I’m sure companies like Eaglemoss are really reliant on people subscribing, especially when the collections start to go stale like this collection has. They can get away with it with the BSG range because it’s quite a limited collection, Would enough of us pay £20 a go for a background ship? I don’t think so. Maybe the odd few will but enough to keep a factory running, shipping costs, logistics, delivery? Who knows.

They were telling people subs were from another different warehouse to the one they moved to last year. I hope it carries on the webshop.

You are right the email is too vague but seeing as they are weeks behind in taking the 164/165 payment I think they knew something was up, guess the coming hours/days will make it clearer.

They were telling people subs were from another different warehouse to the one they moved to last year. I hope it carries on the webshop.

Well it went from bad to worse lol

Hmm... I just got off the phone to eaglemoss. They have had a free calls regarding this and apparently it's in error and isn't stopping yet. I explained the email and what it said but apparently it is not correct. So what is going on???

Hmm... I just got off the phone to eaglemoss. They have had a free calls regarding this and apparently it's in error and isn't stopping yet. I explained the email and what it said but apparently it is not correct. So what is going on???
I think maybe a case of accidentally sending out an email before they where supposed to? Nobody sits there and accidentally writes an entire email saying the collection has been stopped and sends it out haha

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom