Star Trek Starship Collection.

nwgarratt

I was waiting until next Thursday before doing an order including the XL NX01 and they taken it off the site. There is not even a page for it.

nwgarratt

I am close to buying the XL Enterprise A (blame getting B to E and need to fill the gap). I see on the webshop pic, it shows lines around the saucer edge but I think the one people got did not have them?

Enterprise A 3.jpg

nwgarratt

Got the XL Enterprise A and XL Sirena. Sirena is really nice but the Enterprise has a black smudge on the side. They have changed the size of the cellophane and so is now wrapped around the box.

I also answered my question which is they have not done the lines around the saucer like in the webshop pic.

Enterprise damage.jpg

Enterprise A 4.jpg

Indiana Jones

I didn’t realise they had started the Battlestar Collection up again, next time a good discount is active will have to place an order.

nwgarratt

I have just tried to get the stand on the XL Enterprise. It won't go without forcing it on. It does not look right and think it will break. Anyone else had the same thing? I think it might be the curved bits of the stand that go around the sides.

This just does not look right to me and the sides are too left..

zzzz 047.jpg

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Exactly the same with mine.

Indiana Jones

I pushed it on until it stopped and have left it like that ever since.

nwgarratt

I filed down the stand on the sides a bit to make it easier to go on and off.

I totally agree with the complaints about these XL but still wanted it to fill the gap. I find it weird that they do stripes around the saucer on the small one (and promo XL) but take them off for the production XL.

And why is the bridge so big ?? Shape is a little off.

Improvements I do like - red around the lettering on saucer, impulse crystal has more detail, nice aztec upgrade.

Enterprise A2.jpg

EnterpriseAcomparison.jpg

DazzaS83

Relay Station 47 and Enterprise F arrived today. Still waiting on XL Sirena. When I spoke to them about it a few weeks ago, they said they was having supply issues

nwgarratt

I am waiting for the next Doctor who issue to come out before I order the Enterprise F. I will have to happy to pay postage.

It seems people who preordered the xl sirena have still been waiting for it. I ordered it as usual once it was in stock and it came next day.

Indiana Jones

I filed down the stand on the sides a bit to make it easier to go on and off.

I totally agree with the complaints about these XL but still wanted it to fill the gap. I find it weird that they do stripes around the saucer on the small one (and promo XL) but take them off for the production XL.

And why is the bridge so big ?? Shape is a little off.

Improvements I do like - red around the lettering on saucer, impulse crystal has more detail, nice aztec upgrade.

View attachment 1538453

View attachment 1538454
They used the wrong bridge is why, received a lot of complaints when it was first released with the general consensus being they used a concept design instead of the final studio model :(

Shame that there was no one left at CBS that actually cared about the brand and just signed off on whatever, I had to have it to complete my collection of Enterprises but hard to believe it is from the same company that later produced the fantastic Reliant, now that is a tasty model :)

How is the XL Nebula? quite like the look of that but will be waiting for a price drop, was a stretch at £50 before but now they are £60, ouch.

Last edited:

nwgarratt

They used the wrong bridge is why, received a lot of complaints when it was first released with the general consensus being they used a concept design instead of the final studio model :(

Shame that there was no one left at CBS that actually cared about the brand and just signed off on whatever, I had to have it to complete my collection of Enterprises but hard to believe it is from the same company that later produced the fantastic Reliant, now that is a tasty model :)

How is the XL Nebula? quite like the look of that but will be waiting for a price drop, was a stretch at £50 before but now they are £60, ouch.

I know about the shape being wrong. I go back to what I said about the height of the bridge. I saw TMP and the pics from the mag, the bridge was really tall (even though it is the refit),

I won't be getting the Nebula. I do see a lot of people having to mess with the nacelles as they are rarely straight. All the weight is on the saucer. I do like the look of it and see a 3 for 2 would be needed to get it at a good price.

I have the Enterprise F Refit coming tomorrow. It will be my only STO ship from the new collection.

kmm

I don’t suppose anyone knows of a source (UK if poss) to buy a Star Trek stand (NCC 1701 preferably) for my Franklin Mint Crystal Enterprise, do they…

It didn’t come with a stand (though it did originally…the seller had just lost it)

You can see the hole in the closer up photo where the stand would go…and the hole measures 3mm diameter and 6mm deep…

Appreciate the help…

Attachments

• B4134879-DEEE-499C-90C3-625FAA1DB3F1.jpeg
    B4134879-DEEE-499C-90C3-625FAA1DB3F1.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 7
  • BDA20859-8721-40EA-99C2-B1ACF61A805A.jpeg
    BDA20859-8721-40EA-99C2-B1ACF61A805A.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 259578F2-219E-46CE-A766-95DD39923E2C.jpeg
    259578F2-219E-46CE-A766-95DD39923E2C.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 8B7AE4D2-61EB-4F42-B07D-7AB67BCB925E.jpeg
    8B7AE4D2-61EB-4F42-B07D-7AB67BCB925E.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 7

nwgarratt

I got a in stock notification for the XL NX01 but looks like it is still not on the site. Got my hopes up for a moment.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps