Quantcast

Star Trek Starship Collection.

Indiana Jones

Issues 168 and 169 are now both instock on the website, I swear it seems the web shop is getting the stock subscribers used to get as 168 isn’t due to be released until next Thursday and it’s about now when sub deliveries used to start to arrive but instead we are now 4 issues behind the web shop :(

Indiana Jones

It worked for me logged in up to the last order before Christmas but not now. I will not log out when doing an order as I want a record of it somewhere.
You only need to be logged out to get the discount to apply, then you login at checkout and proceed as normal, just ordered issues 168/169 and the BSG Blackbird and got NEW15 to work.

Indiana Jones

Have you called to cancel your subscription now?
Not yet but messaged Zoe expressing my displeasure at the whole situation lol

DazzaS83

Not yet but messaged Zoe expressing my displeasure at the whole situation lol
It would would nm interesting to see what she says.

About an hour ago I received an email from Discovery collection offering 20% off again but I think it is a mistake because when I clicked on the link and entered my details to gain access the website said it is not currently available.

Mikey1985

Today’s delivery. The gold is quite cool, I won’t be buying anymore gold ones though Eaglemoss before you get any ideas.
this months issues are a bit, errr, boring. I love that tamarian episode as well, probably one of my favourites. I just think I can’t get excited by the collection anymore.
I think I’m going to cancel the discovery one as well seeing as though they are releasing every single ship possible, Eaglemoss are milking the money cow so hard it’s udders are being ripped off!
BF23074D-492F-4904-AA29-0623BEBEDF0F.jpeg

I used to enjoy reading the magazines as well, this is my to-read pile. These are getting a bit tedious to read as well.
CBEC7B01-7150-4C21-81F3-CB5716FBC939.jpeg

Indiana Jones

Nice to see subs have started to arrive, hopefully mine will arrive today/tomorrow.

nwgarratt

I don't really read the mags now either. The amount of pages dedicated to the ships are less than ever.

How is the stand on the Gold D. I wouldn't want it to scratch.

Mikey1985

I don't really read the mags now either. The amount of pages dedicated to the ships are less than ever.

How is the stand on the Gold D. I wouldn't want it to scratch.
It’s tight, I wouldn’t mess about with it.
yeah the magazines are good when they dedicate a lot to the design of it, sketches and concept drawings etc, it’s when they bang on about what happened in the episode it appeared in that it gets really boring, we know what happens in Star Trek already, that’s why we buy the ships in the first place lol

Indiana Jones

Wasn’t the Gold Enterprise-D meant to be 18 carat gold plated or something? see that any mention of that has been removed from the online listing and is now just ‘made in a gold colour’ o_O

Mikey1985

Wasn’t the Gold Enterprise-D meant to be 18 carat gold plated or something? see that any mention of that has been removed from the online listing and is now just ‘made in a gold colour’ o_O
I was watching some antiques programme recently (don’t judge me) and if something doesn’t have a hallmark stamped into it to show its gold or silver or whatever and it’s purity then it needs to be advertised as “gold or silver coloured metal” so maybe it’s that? Or someone in the factory found some gold spray paint and decided to spray them to save money? Haha

DazzaS83

Finally my Gold D and issues 164-165 arrived for me today!!!!. The Gold D is very very shiny and feels metal all the way through. Maybe it is 18 carat gold plated after all. The 3 issues were packed in extremely tight though

nwgarratt

Finally my Gold D and issues 164-165 arrived for me today!!!!. The Gold D is very very shiny and feels metal all the way through. Maybe it is 18 carat gold plated after all. The 3 issues were packed in extremely tight though
I find it strange that some people still think it is just gold paint. There is also some debate whether it is issue one with new colour so the saucer is metal and rest is plastic under the gold. I am not even sure gold plate can be put on plastic. Some people also expected the ship to be bigger for the price it is. It is heavier than the issue 1 by quite a bit.

I won't be getting it. I would never display it.

The webshop has been updated all the way up to 173 now. The last few issues are on waitlist. I will be doing a order beginning of next month so hope what I want is in stock.

DazzaS83

I find it strange that some people still think it is just gold paint. There is also some debate whether it is issue one with new colour so the saucer is metal and rest is plastic under the gold. I am not even sure gold plate can be put on plastic. Some people also expected the ship to be bigger for the price it is. It is heavier than the issue 1 by quite a bit.

I won't be getting it. I would never display it.

The webshop has been updated all the way up to 173 now. The last few issues are on waitlist. I will be doing a order beginning of next month so hope what I want is in stock.
I remember ben saying it would be gold plated then I saw comments on Facebook with people saying oh its plastic and the same mould etc so I started having doubts until mine arrived. I can see them doing the other hero ships and the other Enterprises in this - Kirk's ships and (to paraphrase Scotty) the bloody NX, A, B, C and E. Voyager and the Defiant. I think DS9 would be a step too far though.

nwgarratt

I bet they have just taken a issue 1 without the regular paint and just put the gold plate on it.

I don't see them doing a NX01 if they want to duplicate the gold ships from the Enterprise E conference room. The NX01 did not exist when First Contact came out.

Mikey1985

I bet they have just taken a issue 1 without the regular paint and just put the gold plate on it.

I don't see them doing a NX01 if they want to duplicate the gold ships from the Enterprise E conference room. The NX01 did not exist when First Contact came out.
Yeah it’s just issue 1 with gold plating instead of the normal paint. It’s a mystery why it’s heavier though as the rear of the ship is plastic like the first issue and the gold plating won’t be the extra weight. I’m guessing they have put in a little weight like they did with some of the issues recently to give it more weight

Indiana Jones

Did 166 and 167 not also arrive?

Indiana Jones

Nope I have been told they will come together with 168-169 by the end of the month.
Yet another idiotic decision by EM, if they missed sending you 164/165 back in December then they should have been bundled with 166/167 but sounds like they instead decided to hold 166/167 till the next delivery which makes no sense.

I still haven’t had 166/167 arrive so starting to wonder if I have been missed also.

DazzaS83

Apparently
Yet another idiotic decision by EM, if they missed sending you 164/165 back in December then they should have been bundled with 166/167 but sounds like they instead decided to hold 166/167 till the next delivery which makes no sense.

I still haven’t had 166/167 arrive so starting to wonder if I have been missed also.
It is always worth giving them a call to see what's happened. I am also missing 3 of the discovery collection I ordered last month when they did the 4 for 20% off deal. The shuttle arrived which was part of it but not the other 3.

Indiana Jones

Apparently

It is always worth giving them a call to see what's happened. I am also missing 3 of the discovery collection I ordered last month when they did the 4 for 20% off deal. The shuttle arrived which was part of it but not the other 3.
If they don’t turn up Monday I will be on to Zoe, she is the one good thing about EM as any issue I have ever had she has sorted promptly, if they lost her they would crumble and burn lol

Indiana Jones

Had my subscription delivery of 166/167 arrive this morning and 168/169 arrive from the webshop :)

Indiana Jones

What do you think of 168 and 169? 168 is not in the shop until Thursday so the webshop is way ahead.
Both look quite nice, good weight too them as well and no obvious signs of sloppy paint work or bad joins.

Latest News

Sony XH81, XH80 and X70 TVs now available in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV sales rise as UK stays home
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 30th March 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
UK telecoms come together to keep country connected
  • By Andy Bassett