Star Trek series 1 HD DVD combo...

Just be aware that the picture format on these is 4:3 and I had a problem with the sound being very quiet !

what sound format is it? if quiet that must be PCM in that format you can turn volume up 10 DB then everthing is sound

I think you may be right mate - if you look closely, you can see the cigar behind his ear - but only in HD...that kind of detail is missing on the SD version.:D

OH yea i see that how :D

I've just received my copy. The 4/3 picture is presented in 16/9 with black borders down the side. I'd wasted my time setting the player for 4/3 and had to reset it back to 16/9.

I'm less than impressed with the animated menu as it takes ages before you can access the episodes. This is on top of the time it takes to switch on the machine, load the disc and get past the copyright warnings, etc.

Also the DVD playing side of one of the discs is exposed when you open the package so be careful not to put your fingerprints on it like I did.

All the best
Bri

Last edited:
I've just received my copy. The 4/3 picture is presented in 16/9 with black borders down the side. I'd wasted my time setting the player for 4/3 and had to reset it back to 16/9.

I'm less than impressed with the animated menu as it takes ages before you can access the episodes. This is on top of the time it takes to switch on the machine, load the disc and get past the copyright warnings, etc.

Also the DVD playing side of one of the discs is exposed when you open the package so be careful not to put your fingerprints on it like I did.

All the best
Bri

Imagine if you'd have paid £120 for it then!!

Suppose you can't please all of the people all of the time.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom