Star Trek: Picard - Season One (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 25/01/2021

ST_Picard_S1.jpg

Features:

MAKE IT SO:
The co-creators and Patrick Stewart discuss bringing the iconic character back to the screen, including what was compelling enough to warrant it and the obstacles they had to overcome to make it so.

BEHIND-THE-SCENES EPISODIC FEATURETTES:
– STORY LOG: REMEMBRANCE
– STORY LOG: MAPS AND LEGENDS
– STORY LOG: THE END IS THE BEGINNING
– STORY LOG: ABSOLUTE CANDOR
– STORY LOG: STARDUST CITY RAG
– STORY LOG: THE IMPOSSIBLE BOX
– STORY LOG: NEPENTHE
– STORY LOG: BROKEN PIECES
– STORY LOG: ET IN ARCADIA EGO, PART 1
– STORY LOG: ET IN ARCADIA EGO, PART 2

COMMENTARY:
EPISODE 101, “REMEMBRANCE” – Executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman and Michael Chabon, supervising producer Kirsten Beyer, and director Hanelle M. Culpepper provide commentary about episode one of Star Trek: Picard.

THE MOTLEY CREW:
Working outside of Starfleet, Picard gathers his crew from across the galaxy. This special feature takes a look at the actors and characters that will travel aboard the La Sirena.

ALIENS ALIVE: THE xBs
A look inside the creative process behind the xBs of Star Trek: Picard, alongside Lead Creature Designer Neville Page, Vincent Van Dyke and his prosthetics studio team, as well as Make-Up and Prosthetics Department Head James MacKinnon about the process from start to stage.

PICARD PROPS:
Property Master Jeffrey Lombardi takes fans on a tour of the many props created for Season One of Star Trek: Picard.

SET ME UP:
Production Designer Todd Cherniawsky serves as the tour guide for the main stages of Star Trek: Picard, including the La Sirena, Picard’s study and the Borg Cube. Cherniawsky, Supervising Art Director Iain McFadyen and Set Decorator Lisa Alkofer also discuss the various designs for the show.

STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS:
“CHILDREN OF MARS” – Twelve-year-old classmates Kima and Lil find themselves at odds with each other on a day that will change their lives forever.

COMMENTARY:
STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS: “CHILDREN OF MARS” – Executive producer and co-writer Alex Kurtzman, and co-writers Jenny Lumet and Kirsten Beyer, discuss the featured Short Treks episode.

DELETED SCENES

GAG REEL

Last edited:

Doctor Hades

I found the series a bit disappointing; it took too long to get going then when it eventually did it seemed to end two episodes later. Still, Patrick Stewart is awesome as always and this is a nice looking steelbook so I will have to have this to go with my Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek movie steelbooks.

Indiana Jones

Please let Paramount use this opportunity to sneak out the TNG films on UHD.

Apone

Agree, I really want Paramount to release all of the originals and TNG movies in 4K with Atmos or DTS X.

Illusionary

So, this release is now imminent in the US... but has anyone seen any signs of UK release details? All that I can find is a US import on Amazon.

Indiana Jones

So, this release is now imminent in the US... but has anyone seen any signs of UK release details? All that I can find is a US import on Amazon.

None which is very strange, perhaps the Amazon deal included an extended exclusivity period?

Indiana Jones

I managed two episodes and gave up. Disappointing.

They should have gone with their original plan of the first three episodes being a single feature length pilot episode, taken individually it just feels like it takes forever to actually get going.

Apone

Slightly off topic, but I was watching Star Trek Insurrection yesterday and (film aside) the AV quality on this was 10/10 imo. Absolutely brilliant images and sound. Hopefully Paramount will go the extra mile and include Dolby Atmos/DTS X. But it does seem that Paramount are against this on many high profile releases.

I have not seen Picard, but am going through Star Trek Discovery on Netflix which is so far - brilliant. I think I'll have a look at Picard on Amazon Prime before looking to buy the disc.

Indiana Jones

Slightly off topic, but I was watching Star Trek Insurrection yesterday and (film aside) the AV quality on this was 10/10 imo. Absolutely brilliant images and sound. Hopefully Paramount will go the extra mile and include Dolby Atmos/DTS X. But it does seem that Paramount are against this on many high profile releases.

I have not seen Picard, but am going through Star Trek Discovery on Netflix which is so far - brilliant. I think I'll have a look at Picard on Amazon Prime before looking to buy the disc.

The audio is good on Insurrection but too much DNR for my liking, not Predator UHC bad but it along with most of the other Trek films are badly in need of new transfers, the Blu-rays were a disappointment back in 2009 and 11 years later they are still using the same discs :(

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
OP updated with Amazon listing (now up for pre-order) and release date.
Does says 4K but pretty sure that's an error.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom