Star Trek: Picard - Final Season 3 Discussions

Well I didn't survive Nemesis. Lasted 20 minutes and I fell asleep. Then when I woke up I remembered I hadn't watched the latest episode of American Horror Story so was too excited for that to go back to Nemesis.

I think I'll just go with the YouTube recap job :laugh:

No. Its cannon with none of that 25% bulls**t difference. Its a direct follow-on from Picards time as Captain of the Enterprise in TNG 25 years later.
But you know all the weirdo Midnight's Edgers won't buy it

Well they are going to have to, krish. Because Viacom, who own Paramount, will be merging with CBS shortly. So for the first time in years all the Star Trek rights will be in one bucket.

My, what will Midnights Edge rant about talk about now? :D

For those that are fans of Data:

Star Trek: Picard answers TNG'S unanswered question:

Everthing that Picard is a sequel to:

Just for info - the Kelvin timeline is now dead never to be seen again. Star Trek 4 (in the Kelvin films) was cancelled even before it was written. So thats it.

You know what and I’am glad, it was a novel idea but poorly executed, I never thought I was watching Star Trek just an action film with characters from a series that was once on TV...they lacked the depth of the beloved crew.

The trailer certainly looks promising with plenty of old faves to draw on and many accomplished actors with actual gravitas. Bringing Seven of Nine back appears to be a tactical move on several levels.
Whereas the sight of Martin-Green on Discovery gives me a ball ache now. I can't see it lasting too much longer and have practically zero interest..

Absolutely loved the trailer. Sent shivers down my spine. I'm of an age where TNG was my bread and butter. I'm a bit too young of TOS but I loved the original Shatner films.

I've always enjoyed TNG, even now I sometimes go back and watch episodes. I'm really looking forward to this new series.

I really like Discovery too. It's a different slant, not focused on the captain. Enjoyed the first two seasons so looking forward to S3. I really hope that at some point Anson Mount get's a Pike series. He's been excellent in Discovery.

Not gonna lie, really hope Seven of Nine is not just a cameo appearance:love:

Patrick has just been confirmed at destination Star Trek doing a talk around this - Home - Destination Star Trek

As I am going anyway thought it rude not to grab a ticket for that as well.

Patrick has just been confirmed at destination Star Trek doing a talk around this - Home - Destination Star Trek

As I am going anyway thought it rude not to grab a ticket for that as well.

I already had a ticket booked for the Saturday so when he was announced I just had to book a talk ticket, can’t wait :)

Sir Patrick Stewart was at Destination Star Trek today and has increased my hype for this series even more, hearing his enthusiasm in person for the project and how he had absolutely no intention to ever return to Star Trek but their pitch piqued his interest and eventually led to his return was captivating to hear.

He said that the Borg had always fascinated him and that the new show is really going to shine the spotlight on them and we will learn things that until now have always been unanswered and he was thrilled to have Jonathan Del Arco return to be part of it.

A few light spoilers
- Picard has two Romulans living on the vineyard who are caring for him in his old age (making meals etc)
- he will only wear his TNG uniform twice
- Data doesn’t have a great deal of screen time but will play a very important part of season one
- Riker is only in one episode but he said it’s Rikers episode
- he was asked if more TNG characters might appear and he said ‘hopefully all of them’ which received a massive round of applause

I believe this con was also the first time his Admirals uniform has been seen by the public, I guess there will be a flashback at some point when we witness the event that led to his retirement...

BD01-C736-1396-4-F1-D-8367-BBB17-B31319-C.jpg

Last edited:
Piqued his interest.

Sir Patrick Stewart was at Destination Star Trek today and has increased my hype for this series even more, hearing his enthusiasm in person for the project and how he had absolutely no intention to ever return to Star Trek but their pitch piqued his interest and eventually led to his return was captivating to hear.

He said that the Borg had always fascinated him and that the new show is really going to shine the spotlight on them and we will learn things that until now have always been unanswered and he was thrilled to have Jonathan Del Arco return to be part of it.

A few light spoilers
- Picard has two Romulans living on the vineyard who are caring for him in his old age (making meals etc)
- he will only wear his TNG uniform twice
- Data doesn’t have a great deal of screen time but will play a very important part of season one
- Riker is only in one episode but he said it’s Rikers episode
- he was asked if more TNG characters might appear and he said ‘hopefully all of them’ which received a massive round of applause

I believe this con was also the first time his Admirals uniform has been seen by the public, I guess there will be a flashback at some point when we witness the event that led to his retirement...

BD01-C736-1396-4-F1-D-8367-BBB17-B31319-C.jpg
I bet it was special, he's quite the orator.
Sounds like Picard should be really engaging. I can't wait.
Romulans as carers, what actually happened to them and an emphasis on the Borg couldn't be more poles part in potential story lines. It's clear to see how Seven of Nine should feature heavily then. More Data and Riker is a fine start.
It'll be interesting to, hopefully, see Mr Worf down the road.

How much does a ticket cost to a convention and then all the afters after it?

How much does a ticket cost to a convention and then all the afters after it?

It was £30 for a Saturday ticket and £26 for the Picard talk.

First issue of the Star Trek: Picard Countdown comic is now available (not sure how canon it is but I imagine the writers had access to the Picard series script so don't imagine they just made it up themselves)
but from just the first issue it seems pretty clear what the the event was that causes him to be become disillusioned with Starfleet and the Federation, has also revealed that he was commanding the USS Verity during the evacuation effort and not the Enterprise and that the character Raffi Musiker in the show played by Michelle Heard was his First Officer during the evacuation mission.

No idea if the
USS Verity will end up on screen (there are bound to be flashbacks as I can’t think of any other reason they would have made an admiral costume) but if it does and they use the design seen in the comic it would be pretty damn cool as it’s the Odyssey class from Star Trek Online which itself was part of a design competition to come up with the Enterprise-F.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom