Star Trek: Picard - Final Season 3 Discussions

No one needs Facebook @krish. Particularly those that aren't on it. But sorry for the divert.

@krish FB isn't playing
Amazon link plays fine.
Appreciate the link for those that missed the first one :smashin:

No one needs Facebook @krish. Particularly those that aren't on it. But sorry for the divert.
You don't 'need' it (or Twitter or Instagram or YouTube) to play an embedded video. All the Discovery aftershows I posted were embedded Facebook links, as it streamed there exclusively.

I do like the look of this. Nice to see old faces too. And enemies by the looks of it.

So, it's release is 24 January 2020 on Netflix.

That's now on my flow chart :cool: :)

Last edited:
Loved this trailer - was not expecting so many of the old team showing up. I am sure they are probably there just in the first episode to send him off, but still great to see.
The Expanse in December & then this in January - fantastic! One Happy Bunny here! :D

Right I'm going in on Nemesis.

If you don't hear from me again it was all too much, and I should have listened to those who said watch a YouTube recap.

I'm a Netflix regular with no Amazon. But they are stockpiling an impressive catalogue.
When I feel theres enough on there to binge watch I'll subscribe. But I'll probably wait until the likes of The Expanse and Picard have finished their run before diving in, as they will be weekly released.
I've already had my eye on a few others, such as The Boys and the last season of Preacher, so look forward to it. :)

I'm a Netflix regular with no Amazon. But they are stockpiling an impressive catalogue.
When I feel theres enough on there to binge watch I'll subscribe. But I'll probably wait until the likes of The Expanse and Picard have finished their run before diving in, as they will be weekly released.
I've already had my eye on a few others, such as The Boys and the last season of Preacher, so look forward to it. :)

Mr. Robot, Man in the High Castle, Black Sails, Jack Ryan. To name but a few others off the top of my head.

Arguably Amazon TV matches Netflix TV content for me, and both now destroy most offerings from Sky.

I was dubious about Prime when I first signed up, but I've not looked back.

If you don't hear from me again it was all too much, and I should have listened to those who said watch a YouTube recap.

You know I feel asleep when I went to see this at the cinema so never saw the end. A couple of years ago I got back into Trek in a big way and decided to watch it, and you know what it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but I didn't hate it.

Watched the trailer...its looking very interesting, any new Trek series is a good thing roll on January.

What timeline will the series be in?

Does the series have anything to do with the Kelvin timeline?

No. Its cannon with none of that 25% bulls**t difference. Its a direct follow-on from Picards time as Captain of the Enterprise in TNG 25 years later.

Just for info - the Kelvin timeline is now dead never to be seen again. Star Trek 4 (in the Kelvin films) was cancelled even before it was written. So thats it.

We'll have to see with these, but I believe that Amazon have been known to release a full season in one go.

Last edited:

You know I feel asleep when I went to see this at the cinema so never saw the end. A couple of years ago I got back into Trek in a big way and decided to watch it, and you know what it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but I didn't hate it.
I still watch Nemesis now & again, & enjoy it (Skipping the "bad" bits). Not a patch on First Contact or Insurrection, IMO, but still fun

We'll have to see with these, but I believe that Amazon have been known to release a full season in one go.

Netflix regularly drops whole seasons in one go too but normally only for shows they produce, Discovery and Picard are CBS All Access shows with Netflix and Amazon foreign distributors only and I don't think CBS would want the whole season available on day one as they want people to be subscribed to their service for months.

Netflix regularly drops whole seasons in one go too but normally only for shows they produce, Discovery and Picard are CBS All Access shows with Netflix and Amazon foreign distributors only and I don't think CBS would want the whole season available on day one as they want people to be subscribed to their service for months.
Thanks - that's good to know 👍
(Still hopeful on the full season drop for The Expanse as that is all Amazon; I'm away on business until Dec 23rd, so that would be a perfect Holiday Season Binge watch for me :D)

Superb trailer, really looking forward to this.

No doubt a few of the appearances in the trailer are just cameos but still great to see anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom