Star Trek - Picard (CBS/Amazon)

Klippie

Watched the trailer...its looking very interesting, any new Trek series is a good thing roll on January.

VisionMan

No. Its cannon with none of that 25% bulls**t difference. Its a direct follow-on from Picards time as Captain of the Enterprise in TNG 25 years later.

VisionMan

Just for info - the Kelvin timeline is now dead never to be seen again. Star Trek 4 (in the Kelvin films) was cancelled even before it was written. So thats it.

Evinger

I'm a Netflix regular with no Amazon. But they are stockpiling an impressive catalogue.
When I feel theres enough on there to binge watch I'll subscribe. But I'll probably wait until the likes of The Expanse and Picard have finished their run before diving in, as they will be weekly released.
I've already had my eye on a few others, such as The Boys and the last season of Preacher, so look forward to it. :)
We'll have to see with these, but I believe that Amazon have been known to release a full season in one go.

Last edited:

Evinger

Right I'm going in on Nemesis.

If you don't hear from me again it was all too much, and I should have listened to those who said watch a YouTube recap.
You know I feel asleep when I went to see this at the cinema so never saw the end. A couple of years ago I got back into Trek in a big way and decided to watch it, and you know what it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but I didn't hate it.
I still watch Nemesis now & again, & enjoy it (Skipping the "bad" bits). Not a patch on First Contact or Insurrection, IMO, but still fun

Indiana Jones

We'll have to see with these, but I believe that Amazon have been known to release a full season in one go.
Netflix regularly drops whole seasons in one go too but normally only for shows they produce, Discovery and Picard are CBS All Access shows with Netflix and Amazon foreign distributors only and I don't think CBS would want the whole season available on day one as they want people to be subscribed to their service for months.

Evinger

Netflix regularly drops whole seasons in one go too but normally only for shows they produce, Discovery and Picard are CBS All Access shows with Netflix and Amazon foreign distributors only and I don't think CBS would want the whole season available on day one as they want people to be subscribed to their service for months.
Thanks - that's good to know 👍
(Still hopeful on the full season drop for The Expanse as that is all Amazon; I'm away on business until Dec 23rd, so that would be a perfect Holiday Season Binge watch for me :D)

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Superb trailer, really looking forward to this.

No doubt a few of the appearances in the trailer are just cameos but still great to see anyway.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Well I didn't survive Nemesis. Lasted 20 minutes and I fell asleep. Then when I woke up I remembered I hadn't watched the latest episode of American Horror Story so was too excited for that to go back to Nemesis.

I think I'll just go with the YouTube recap job :laugh:

krish

Distinguished Member
No. Its cannon with none of that 25% bulls**t difference. Its a direct follow-on from Picards time as Captain of the Enterprise in TNG 25 years later.
But you know all the weirdo Midnight's Edgers won't buy it

VisionMan

Well they are going to have to, krish. Because Viacom, who own Paramount, will be merging with CBS shortly. So for the first time in years all the Star Trek rights will be in one bucket.

My, what will Midnights Edge rant about talk about now? :D

Knight Rider 1963

For those that are fans of Data:

Star Trek: Picard answers TNG'S unanswered question:

Everthing that Picard is a sequel to:

Klippie

Just for info - the Kelvin timeline is now dead never to be seen again. Star Trek 4 (in the Kelvin films) was cancelled even before it was written. So thats it.
You know what and I’am glad, it was a novel idea but poorly executed, I never thought I was watching Star Trek just an action film with characters from a series that was once on TV...they lacked the depth of the beloved crew.

encaser

Distinguished Member
The trailer certainly looks promising with plenty of old faves to draw on and many accomplished actors with actual gravitas. Bringing Seven of Nine back appears to be a tactical move on several levels.
Whereas the sight of Martin-Green on Discovery gives me a ball ache now. I can't see it lasting too much longer and have practically zero interest..

Puntoboy

Absolutely loved the trailer. Sent shivers down my spine. I'm of an age where TNG was my bread and butter. I'm a bit too young of TOS but I loved the original Shatner films.

I've always enjoyed TNG, even now I sometimes go back and watch episodes. I'm really looking forward to this new series.

I really like Discovery too. It's a different slant, not focused on the captain. Enjoyed the first two seasons so looking forward to S3. I really hope that at some point Anson Mount get's a Pike series. He's been excellent in Discovery.

BontaKun3000

Not gonna lie, really hope Seven of Nine is not just a cameo appearance:love:

prezzy

Patrick has just been confirmed at destination Star Trek doing a talk around this - Home - Destination Star Trek

As I am going anyway thought it rude not to grab a ticket for that as well.

Indiana Jones

Patrick has just been confirmed at destination Star Trek doing a talk around this - Home - Destination Star Trek

As I am going anyway thought it rude not to grab a ticket for that as well.
I already had a ticket booked for the Saturday so when he was announced I just had to book a talk ticket, can’t wait :)