Star Trek - Picard (CBS/Amazon)

krish

Distinguished Member
So I'll have to watch Nemesis again by the looks of it. Was that the last thing the cast of TNG did?
Yep, it was their last outing. You most likely do recall it's pretty bad though?

Perhaps, some entertaining and critical recap/reaction is floating around on YouTube?

richp007

Distinguished Member
Yep, it was their last outing. You most likely do recall it's pretty bad though?

Perhaps, some entertaining and critical recap/reaction is floating around on YouTube?
Yeah the only one of their films I liked was First Contact. So I think just a recap of Nemesis will do :D

pcaddy

I agree with @richp007 about First Contact, definitely the best of the STNG films, but that teaser trailer has me hooked, looking like I'll restarting my Prime membership soon. :)

wiz

Distinguished Member
Wife today was talking about ending our membership today.. that's not happening!;):D

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Strange it being on prime when the rest of the franchise being on Netflix
it's about who makes the best offer, Amazon have deeper pockets than Netflix i assume, the amount they shelled out for LOTRs series!

rodd1000

Have to admit Jeri Ryan still looks stunning lol.
can Androids catch the mumps?
Considering Brent’s actual age it looks like they’ve made a fairly decent job. Looks like a latex and make up job but who cares, it’s freakin’ Data!!!

Last edited:

VisionMan

Have to Jeri Ryan still looks stunning and

Considering Brent’s actual age it looks like they’ve made a fairly decent job. Looks like a latex and make up job but who cares, it’s freakin’ Data!!!
Its probably B4, his brother. But with Data's downloaded memories. Maybe.

rodd1000

Just that one side looks almost deliberately more swollen than the other.
Could be just the light, his left side seems to be catching more ambient light from a nearby window. Plus Brent’s probably put on a few pounds.

Or maybe It’s just that his heads been incorrectly stored.

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
I thought it was just some poor CGI youngifying rather than latex?

rodd1000

I thought it was just some poor CGI youngifying rather than latex?
I’ve watched it a few times on my 65” Q9fn and doesn’t look CGI to me, could be wrong though. I’m just happy to see Data, got a major blast of nostalgia in that final scene.

krish

Distinguished Member
SDCC 2019 panel ...

@23 min Patrick introduces the surprise panel members (after the audience has seen the new trailer), and one of them is
Jonathan Del Arco who's reprising his role as Hugh the Borg (from I, Borg and Descent); he's there in the video below, but since he's not immediately recognisable, I've not spoiler tagged it.
The cast of 'Star Trek: Picard' previews the CBS All Access series with TVLine's Kim Roots at San Diego Comic-Con 2019.

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

So I'll have to watch Nemesis again by the looks of it. Was that the last thing the cast of TNG did?
The final episode of Enterprise had Riker and Troi in it but yes Nemesis was the last true outing for the TNG crew.

rodd1000

The final episode of Enterprise had Riker and Troi in it but yes Nemesis was the last true outing for the TNG crew.
and the less said about that the better.

krish

Distinguished Member
Didn't Berman and Braga refer to that as "a Valentine to the fans"? More like a meh for the fans and a turd sandwich for the cast of Enterprise.

rodd1000

Didn't Berman and Braga refer to that as "a Valentine to the fans"? More like a meh for the fans and a turd sandwich for the cast of Enterprise.
Yes that was their sentiment, but the cast and rest of the worlds population had other views. Shame on B&B. What were they smoking.

Indiana Jones

Apparently Brent Spiner confirmed
that the android seen in pieces in the trailer is B4 and that he will be playing Data but not as we have seen him before so I am willing to bet the Data we saw in the trailer is a holographic recreation and was either programmed by Picard or they were able to extract the memories from B4.

I did find the recent Midnights Edge video about Bryan Fullers original pitch for a Picard/Data series very informative and if they did use it and not credit him at all that is just wrong.

krish

Distinguished Member
Sounds to me like more grade A premiere league bullsh*t from Robert Meyer Burnett and Midnight's Edge.

Indiana Jones

I have always taken everything Midnights Edge release with a grain of salt as they just speculate on facts and third handy info etc but since when did Robert Meyer Burnett someone that has had a close working relationship with CBS and Trek for many years become an unreliable source of info?

scrowe

Looking at lawsuits against RMB, I wouldn't take the man at his word
I’m only aware of one, and there is lots of content out there surrounding the mess that became the failed Axanar fan project. And from the bits I’ve read he comes out OK. He was hired to do work on the project but never paid any money promised, despite there being substantial money raised for the project. But he did carry out some of the work, and was provided equipment he needed during the course of doing the work, when circumstances arose, and the work completed before he quit was provided to the Axanar owner. Years later the owner is suing him to reclaim the cost of the equipment used, and to reproduce the digital work assets because he somehow lost the originals. Meyer defended himself legally, and the case was dropped, albeit there are rumours the Axanar owner may try to re-sue, and Meyer has threatened to counter-sue. I never read anything that would lead me to believe Meyer has been poorly behaved or deceitful, and the lawsuit seems to be more petty than anything of any substance. There may be counter-points I haven’t read, but that’s all I ever concluded.

mikeysthoughts

I'd love to see Guinan make a return, maybe with some fleshing out of her species' backstory in the conflicts vs. Q and the Borg.

Treboeth

I'd love to see Guinan make a return, maybe with some fleshing out of her species' backstory in the conflicts vs. Q and the Borg.
Whoopi G always annoyed the poop out of me everytime she was on TNG.

If it gets us another Star Trek series i could put up with her in small doses :eek:

krish

Distinguished Member
If Dr Crusher appears, how will they explain awful cosmetic surgery in the 24th Century?