Quantcast

Star Trek - Picard (CBS/Amazon)

Spooksta

Not much feedback on this weeks Picard. Anyone would think something else if grabbing the attention...,

VisionMan

I love Star Trek. Started watching it as a kid and have followed it ever since with great enjoyment.

But that penultimate episode of Picard was just completely absolutely utterly boring. Awful.

AI Vs Human? Human Vs AI? Been done to death. What, theres a 'SUPER' AI entity? As yet unseen and just waiting to crash in? Lame to say the least. I'll watch the last episode but thats it for me and season 2 can do one as well.

I won't be watching another. A true disappointment.

Last edited:

Spooksta

I rewatched and discovered bits I must have nodded off on. Slight improvement but still disappointing.
2.5/5

gavinhanly

Been liking it up until now, but that was quite poor. Felt like a bad episode of TNG. and there were quite a few of those!

Garrett

It did end as though next weeks will be a climatic cliffhanger.
an old plot twist that the hero goes to save X from Y and then finds out X is far more dangerous than they thought.
Hope it does end next week and some borg action thrown into the mix.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
I still think
10 Romulan battlecruisers per hippy robot is overdoing it slightly.

Also, if the Romulans can field an armada that size, why the hell did they ever need the Federation to bail them out of their problems?
Another head-scratcher to add to the long list.

Felt like a bad episode of TNG. and there were quite a few of those!
There were quite a few great ones too. I'm still waiting for Picard on its best day to get even halfway as good as any of those.

Klippie

How predictable...is it all going to happen in the last episode...???, I'll wager not, a cliffhanger of some sorts that will contuinue this awful series into the next.

I'am a huge Star Trek fan but Picard is not enjoyable, funny how Enterprise was slated as a show but ended up being one of my favorite Star Trek's of all...Picard won't.

VisionMan

Its a hard slog to be sure. I've re-watched many Star Trek episodes over the years but this series won't include any of them. I honestly thought this would be a two-part finale but hasn't been. They're piling an awful lot onto the final episode.

Last edited:

gavinhanly

I still think
10 Romulan battlecruisers per hippy robot is overdoing it slightly.
Well...

If Picard's message to the Federation DID actually get through - then you might be getting your wish for a proper space battle next week. (Although don't blame me if it doesn't happen..!)

Henborg

Jez alot of hate for the show. I am enjoying it. It's a easy watch bit cheesy at times. Bit overall solid effort I think..

They have tried to move the times a bit on this series I like the way the link it all up, but it's kind not right in a way..

But what I really want to see a series on the borg. How the came about to become a near unstoppable force. But then I remember in voyager them getting annihilated by species 8472. Great TV that was.

Anyways Star Trek Picard for me is fine I will tune in and support it all the same as a star Trek fan and a sci fi fan

VisionMan

Jez alot of hate for the show. I am enjoying it. It's a easy watch bit cheesy at times. Bit overall solid effort I think..

They have tried to move the times a bit on this series I like the way the link it all up, but it's kind not right in a way..

But what I really want to see a series on the borg. How the came about to become a near unstoppable force. But then I remember in voyager them getting annihilated by species 8472. Great TV that was.

Anyways Star Trek Picard for me is fine I will tune in and support it all the same as a star Trek fan and a sci fi fan
Everyones entitled to an opinion, Henborg. Me? I'm somewhere in the middle. I like it but its not brilliant.

VisionMan

It did end as though next weeks will be a climatic cliffhanger.
an old plot twist that the hero goes to save X from Y and then finds out X is far more dangerous than they thought.
Hope it does end next week and some borg action thrown into the mix.
Sadly not.
The show runners have already stated there are no Borg in this series. Its purely about AI Vs biological. Though I expect Sevens cube to play a part in the final episode. And a Federation ship or two? Please please please? :)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
#10 Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2

Little action but an emotional bittersweet & good finale

I wanted to see the Lovecraftian AI Overlords in action, damn you director!

Half meat Seven's revenge kick for Hugh

Not seen a football used in an sci-fi mission before!

Bearded Pizza man was on time!

why did Dr Altan Soong, not try to stop Soji, with the new video evidence he had

I would liked to seen Soji & Data together scene, he spent too much time with Picard

VisionMan

I have to wait until 11pm to watch it. Still, not long. :)

'Little action' you say? Thats not a surprise as there hasn't been much throughout. Still, a mildly enjoyable hookum up to now....

Klippie

Ep10.. very good, worth waiting nine episodes for though...no.

Roll on Discovery series three...this is what I’am really looking forward to.

Indiana Jones

Not sure how many weeks ago I posted it but I speculated
that Riker would show up at the head of a Federation fleet to save the day and look what happened lol shame every one of those starfleet ships was exactly the same as I was hoping for some TNG era ships showing up and perhaps the Enterprise-E but sadly it was not meant to be.

I enjoyed it more than last weeks but overall I have been left disappointed and thinK I enjoyed Discovery more which I thought I would never say when this show was announced.

Last edited:

VisionMan

Heads up! With the clocks going forward this weekend Picard Ep10 is available now for UK Amazon users.

encaser

Have to agree with those that think it fizzed out overall. The emotional bits in the last ep. felt a bit fraudulent as you never really got to experience them gelling enough - except obv's Data and he.
The big bad synths from wherever and whenever that apparently don't know how to build their own portals etc, look like mechanical octopus cartoon things (well, what you get to see) and a Lore-like dimwit synth.
It was all for the taking but poor CGI standoff and literally a damp squib.
Picard's a synth now? WTF? It could at least be interesting to see how that plays out and if he is all he was in soul and the like, with, no doubt philosophy aplenty to come.
@Indiana Jones . Yes, a ragtag bunch would've been great instead of just one clean looking bunch.
The Romulan sister was odd too, in her suddenly being all caring for her brother. I was surprised she didn't have some floaty winged device or such to escape her fall from grace at 7's boot of vengenace.
Oh and for goodness sake, her and Raffi now getting it on? Oh, please.
At least this show didn't annoy me like Disco' does at times but then I don't like Burnham - which is a huge caveat for me.
More gelling drama for S2 please, so we give a damn about the crew and events which, they should've laid out this time. TNG involved the crew in episodes which united them and made them care for one another along with the audience. In this, they weirdly used stories that split them off and assumed everyone got it and them.

VisionMan

This episode is sentimental guff. BUT! -

I have to say I loved it. Whilst enjoying this series (which I've previously given a solid 6/10) I've also been a harsh critic and rightly so.

Some of the moments in this final episode gave me pings of emotion and it was well written. No action as usual but still gripping nonetheless. For me it finished on an 8.

tonyk79

I enjoyed this show, it went in a good direction by not being a traditional Star Trek series as we have Discovery for that.

I was a little disappointed by how it ended with the two Romulans Narek & Narissa but this sets it up for a second season as I don’t think Seven killed Narissa and I think we will see the advanced AI return now they have been summoned (almost)

Although it goes against what Patrick didn't wanted to have on the show, I would have preferred a cliffhanger at the end where the crew encountered the Starship Enterprise.

Like the following:

Have to say I enjoyed it, not prefect in anyway and I could nitpick or criticize an actual decent amount but I think I've reached a point in life where I can't be bothered to really.

Big props to Brent Spiner, he slipped right back into Data role prefectly.