[New series in delevopment!

Rumored Patrick Stewart reprising his role as leader Capt. Pickard

Who said dream on?

my mate @encaser
I know he was commenting on the actors' age

Confirmed

IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0562.JPG

Patrick Stewart is making a comeback as his iconic character Jean-Luc Picard in the upcoming “Star Trek” series for CBS All Access, the star confirmed on Saturday.

Star Trek's Patrick Stewart To Play Picard Again In New Series For CBS All Access - GameSpot

Patrick Stewart Returns to Star Trek on New CBS All Access Series

Patrick Stewart Makes Comeback as Jean-Luc Picard in New 'Star Trek'

IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG

Last edited:
I see the hacks behind the atrocious 'Star Trek: Discovery' are involved in Picard's return. How disappointing. Love TNG so I eagerly await the crushing disappointment :D

:clap:

I knew there were rumours about him perhaps being involved with Trek again but thought maybe an appearance on Discovery never imagined he would be back on a brand new show and especially one set 20 years after Nemesis.

Perhaps we might get to see the Enterprise-F :D

Last edited:
Amazing news. TNG was mostly superb. Can’t wait.
He is 78 though, so not sure what kind of role this will be.

I doubt he's the lead. It'll likely be a new character; something stunningly unoriginal as a long lost or estranged daughter, that ropes him into a convoluted plot to save the Federation. Nailed on they kill him off at the end too. Exactly what you'd expect from a mediocrity like Kurtzman.

I'd quite like a mini series following a retired Picard on his farm in France. A few old faces show up at some point. No real plot. Would make for delightful viewing.

Last edited:
Now all we need is announcements that there will be a new Buffy series including some of the original cast and a new Veronica Mars series and I can just die happy!

I doubt he's the lead. It'll likely be a new character; likely something stunningly unoriginal like a long lost or estranged daughter, that ropes him into a convoluted plot to save the Federation. Nailed on they kill him off at the end too. Exactly what you'd expect from a mediocrity like Kurtzman.

I'd quite like a mini series following a retired Picard on his farm in France. A few old faces show up at some point. No real plot. Would make for delightful viewing.

You clearly aren’t a fan of Discovery then.

You clearly aren’t a fan of Discovery then.

You could say that.

However, I don't wish to dampen the enthusiasm of other forum members so I'll refrain from commenting further until I've seen the final product. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised :smashin:

Amazing news. TNG was mostly superb. Can’t wait.
He is 78 though, so not sure what kind of role this will be.
Admiralty...? Politics with occasional whizz around in a starship

Actually I just recently finished all the ST series upto and including Enterprise and with only a few left to the complete last season I found TNG had a far greater ratio to poor episodes to good ones than the others and often came out with techno mumbo jumbo to solve problems. I previously though DS9 was the weak one of the franchise but it ratio was way higher and the last season more or less every episode was a good one.
Although have to say Patrick was brilliant.

I often re-watch The Next Generstion as it has so much re-watch-ability imo.

Brilliant cast with the best Star Trek captain of them all ... & just loved the Q episodes with the Picard & Q dialogue.

Really great news :thumbsup:

I hope it continues the Star Trek history of posing difficult questions now and then.
In the late sixties they got a lot past the censors who wouldn't allow topics like race to be discussed.

I previously though DS9 was the weak one of the franchise but it ratio was way higher and the last season more or less every episode was a good one.

Yeah, DS9 has aged better than TNG and Voyager (haven't seen Enterprise so can't compare) and has the best characters of all the Trek shows. Down to a number of factors like Ronald D. Moore writing for the show, Rodenberry passing away so less meddling with the stories and characters, and a fresh premise for the Trek universe.

Recently rewatched DS9 after about 12 years since last watching it and it delivered just as much fun and excitement as it did all those years ago.

It's worth remembering that TNG was a restart so they had to re establish the franchise.

I loved TNG at the time, as a late teen/twentysomething, but really can't get on with a lot of it these days, 40:60 wheat to chaff ratio imo, the poor acting of the token women, and how it comes across as even more dated than TOS. All the films, apart from First Contact, are just extended rubbish TV episodes, especially Nemesis. Voyager continued with the same shit. DS9 and Enterprise's final season were the best Treks of that era.

Anyway looking forward to what the brilliant Discovery team will do with the 24th century.

It's worth bearing in mind that TNG came into play as PC hysteria was rampant and was clearly designed to suit that crowd of cronies at the top.
It remains my favourite in mind with Stewart but I have to say, I can't quite bring myself to watch the show again even though I own the damned thing. First Contact, however, has been re watched multiple times. Oh, and the really enjoyable Safe House here available on DVD.
At 78 it is an obvious question of his longevity and how fast track they can go with it. I'm assuming the special effects aren't going to be too taxing to speed things and it'll be much more drama oriented - as spry as he is.

It's worth bearing in mind that TNG came into play as PC hysteria was rampant
Although the only stuff really down to the TV execs idea of PC was "where no one has gone before" and the ship's counsellor on the bridge, which was that late 80s indulgent soul baring we also had with the yuppies on Thirtysomething.

Although the only stuff really down to the TV execs idea of PC was "where no one has gone before" and the ship's counsellor on the bridge, which was that late 80s indulgent soul baring we also had with the yuppies on Thirtysomething.
Hmm. I think Sirtis would be choking on her tea...only! There were many stories that reeked of PC-ness than just Roddenberry's 'vision which ran into the 90s..
Thank God for university

Yeah, DS9 has aged better than TNG and Voyager (haven't seen Enterprise so can't compare) and has the best characters of all the Trek shows. Down to a number of factors like Ronald D. Moore writing for the show, Rodenberry passing away so less meddling with the stories and characters, and a fresh premise for the Trek universe.

Recently rewatched DS9 after about 12 years since last watching it and it delivered just as much fun and excitement as it did all those years ago.
At first I thought the poorest of the lot with it being stationary in space but watching them one a day they just seemed slot together better, TNG seemed to have a lot of fill in stories. I think Enterprise fill in stories were just as good and the 3 season ark was one of the best and the 4th season had some really good 2 part episode.
As been said TNG hasn't aged well but was good in its day.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom