Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Star Trek Original series season 1 - episodes in the wrong order...?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - so Paramount have done a fine job of restoring this series, and the 5.1 soundtrack sounds nice and clean...but would someone please correct me if I'm wrong...?
    I always theought Where No Man Has Gone Before was the first of the Kirk episodes...(Ignoring the Capt. Chris Pike pilot...). They are defo wearing the correct uniforms (without the black collars, Everybody wearing yellow tops...), but it comes in at number 3 on disc one... :confused:
    Anybody know why? I haven't had a good trawl through the discs yet so it might explain it on there.
    Only other niggle is they've removed the swiiiiish sound that the Enterprise makes as it flies towards you in the opening credits... :( (sad or what...?)

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Re: The Swiiish!

Didn't that get added after the 2nd season?

I always thought that apart form "The Cage" and it's unique history, "The Man Trap" was the 1st episode.

But I'm no ST:TOS expert.

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    The episodes have been put on the discs in the original broadcast order from the usa. The production order is the order on which they were originally released two at a time on vhs in the uk. This is the reason for the difference. If you look on the episode select screen you will see that they are numbered. The number refers to the production order of the episodes :)

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We'll have to wait and see if the swiiiish is there when series 2 comes out next month...
    I noticed the numbers on the episode select screen and thought the order was weird... :confused:
    So, is it best to watch them as they appear on the discs, or production order? Seems strange that for the first 3 episodes, they are wearing the updated uniforms with the black trim, then in episode 4, they're wearing the uniforms worn in the trailer...
    In the words of comic book guy from The Simpsons..."I shall rush to register my disgust on the internet immediatly!!" :D

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Does it matter which order you reallly watch them in? there is only one two part episode and they are both together on the same disc. sit back, grab a six pack, and enjoy." Best series ever!" comic book guy 2002 :smashin:

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't suppose it does really. And I'm looking forward to these...just finding the time to watch them...I'm at work at the moement... :thumbsdow:

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does The Cage pilot feature in the season one box set?

8. bjhewson

bjhewson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Cage pilot will be included in the season 3 set to be released in December '05
    Brian

9. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But the good news is...the swiiiiish appears in later episodes... :clap: And, if you have a 5.1 set up, the Enterprise dissapears into the surround right speaker on the first swish, surround left on the second, and overhead on the third...nice touch!! :thumbsup: :blush:

10. Tomaso

Tomaso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/TOS/index.html?season=1