1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek Next Gen

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jon, May 5, 2004.

1. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought season 4 and 5 from play (while they where cheap). I have noticed on a couple of the disks in both box sets that you get a green flash, the screen flashes green for a second, its very brief and you could miss it if you blink. Has anyone else noticed this, i have not noticed it with other dvds before so think that the system is ok, perhaps the disks are faulty, has anyone experienced this?

Cheers

Jon

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    Where does it do it? Is it all the way through the episodes?

Are the cables connected ok? I got a green screen when the scart cable came out slightly.

3. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it just does it every now and then and only for a second, its plugged up via component, i will check the cables, but it only seems to be doing it on these NG box sets. thanks for your response!

Cheers

Jon

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    A green flash? and only on "Next Gen" discs? Hmm...

"We will assimilate your AV kit. Resistance is futile!" :D

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    I know it probably isn't the cables but, I got picture problems only on certain DVD's and it was still a cable/socket problem.

I was watching K19 and everytime a white bit happned onscreen it came out as pink or green. This was the only DVD that did it. I got a scart switchbox and it has been fine since.

Have you got another player to try? It does sound like a problem with the DVD (a very unusual one though).

6. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is odd, particularly because it is on at least 3 different disks from two different box sets. Its not a major problem, you barely notice. thanks for your help.

Jon