Star Trek Into Darkness (thread Part 2)

Garrett

Reaction score
I finally saw this yesterday. Very silly in places but enjoyable. I gave it a 6/10 but it nearly got a 5 because of the
tribble. I've got nothing against tribbles but there's a time and a place for them. Oh and old Spock randomly showing up.
I could go on but it's probably all been said by now.

Very nice :)

Partly replying so as to make this thread easier to find on the wonderful new app :D

So Im onto Generations today I'm really looking forward to this one

Hope you enjoy it, I'll put my hand up and say that for me its the worst of the bunch, I'm not sure why, it just doesn't do it for me! People are talking about plotholes in Into Darkness, to my mind there are a number in Generations too :)

Hope you enjoy it, I'll put my hand up and say that for me its the worst of the bunch, I'm not sure why, it just doesn't do it for me! People are talking about plotholes in Into Darkness, to my mind there are a number in Generations too :)

I switched off very early in Generations so I didn't notice many plotholes. I suppose it's a good sign that I stayed awake long enough to notice the new one's problems.

:laugh:
Bri

you didn't like Into Darkness ? :(

Not much. It was probably better than the first film in some respects but it was very poor at times. The cinema didn't help as my seat was extraordinarily uncomfortable and way too close to the screen. The image blurred constantly and several scenes had black marks and dots.

The film itself lost me when Scott
somehow managed to get a shuttle and got into the Jupiter base undetected. That was just plain dumb and I knew he was going to save the day later on.
There were several other problems but the
convenient serum to save Kirk really finished me off. It would seem no one in Trek will die now as long as they can be given the serum in time. At least it saves us Star Trek 3 The Search For Kirk.

:)
Bri

chuckles well after the talk of the next one will be
Kingons The undiscovered country seem appropriate to steal :)

brings up an interesting point for me, when we see Kronos from space there appears to already be a moon breaking up and colliding with the planet. That was the entire starting point of undiscovered country when praxis explodes so it would seem in the new universe its already happened

Havnt read all the first thread so dont know if it was mentioned, but has anyone Both Star Trek and iron man 3 in IMAX specifically the Metrocentre Odeon?

Reason i ask is, i thought ST was considerably quieter than IM3, explosions in IM3 had the chair rocking and shaking from the bass, but star trek left me a little underwhelmed soudntrack wise

oh dear :(
every film has plot holes ;) but you mention Lindeof and they exaggerate ;)

to be fair, many if not most of the trek films have plot-holes, including Star Trek 2009. Generations has some doozies.

Although for my money, First Contact is king of the plot-holes. The holes in that film are so dense not even light can escape.

I'm bored .. For me none of the characters are a patch on the original crew :(
And I feel kirk deserved better
edit .. errr lololol

Last edited:
well Generations was a huge let down for me ... it could and should have been epic !
my god do they know what potential they had ?

Every Star Trek movie, ranked by Metascore (though everyone knows which one really should be #1):

1. Star Trek (2009) [83]
NEW -> 2. Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) [73]
3. Star Trek: First Contact (1996) [71]
4. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) [70]
5. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) [67]
6. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991) [65]
7. Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) [64]
8. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) [55]
9. Star Trek: Generations (1994) [55]
10. Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) [51]
11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) [48]
12. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) [43]

Last edited:
I'm bored .. For me none of the characters are a patch on the original crew :(
And I feel kirk deserved better
edit .. errr lololol

Little trivia. The beginning of Generations was supposed to feature Kirk on an orbital skydive. They didn't have the budget or effects to pull it off..

...until 15 years later in JJ Abrams Star Trek :)

Damn, I was just starting to warm to the film too. All good points, although I could probably add another 5 or 6 to that list...

Indeed, Star Trek is meant to be science-fiction, not fantasy like Lost / Star Wars. I'm looking forward to Honest Trailers and RedLetterMedia doing their spoofs of Into Darkness :D

Not much. It was probably better than the first film in some respects but it was very poor at times. The cinema didn't help as my seat was extraordinarily uncomfortable and way too close to the screen. The image blurred constantly and several scenes had black marks and dots.

The film itself lost me when Scott
somehow managed to get a shuttle and got into the Jupiter base undetected. That was just plain dumb and I knew he was going to save the day later on.
There were several other problems but the
convenient serum to save Kirk really finished me off. It would seem no one in Trek will die now as long as they can be given the serum in time. At least it saves us Star Trek 3 The Search For Kirk.

:)
Bri

That was probably the point when I began to think that I was watching Star Wars, not Star Trek,
when Scotty stumbles upon what is supposed to be a top secret military facility which has somehow remained undetected by any of Starfleet during the entire construction of a gigantic new warship. He then just flies his shuttle through the front door and somehow boards the Vengeance without anyone noticing until that comical scene when the Keystone security guard finds him at the airlock control panel and just points his phaser at him whilst Uhura provides a countdown over the communicator :facepalm:

Perhaps that is why the crew of the Enterprise were unconcerned about the thousands of San Franciscans who had just died before their eyes, as they knew that they could just harvest lots more of that serum and bring them all back to life!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom