Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan on iTunes

Discussion in 'Film & TV On Demand Streaming Services' started by Barrovian, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    The director's cut of STII:TWOK is available on iTunes for £7.99. It's not got iTunes extras, but is shown as being 4K HDR. I was all ready to buy it, but then noticed the HD edition at £6.99 and that's got extras, and included in them is the director's cut. But there is no mention of the director's cut extra being the 4KHDR version. I know it's a long shot, but has anyone here bought the HD version? Is the included director's cut in 4K or HD?

2. sore napper

sore napper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Any movie I’ve bought on iTunes that’s had a second movie as an extra has always been of lower quality that the orginal title bought.

So no, there is a very good chance that the directors cut is not 4k.

You can always buy it and try it. If it’s not what you want ask for a refund.

3. mazon27091

mazon27091

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    This film is available on Sky in 4K, unfortunately it is not worth paying £7.99 on ITunes (if that version is the same quality) It looks like a 2K upscale, the picture is very soft in some parts and during the opening titles the titles shake side to side. I know this is common in films of this vintage but is an easy fix during remastering today. So if it is the same master avoid it.

4. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    @mazon27091, cheers mate. I've already got two copies on Blu (don't ask:D) so I think I'll give the iTunes version a miss. :smashin: