Star Trek HD-DVD

mikehb

Established Member
Reaction score
This set is available from Amazon.ca (thats Canada) for $49 if you use the code MAPNEWNCSAVE (as a first time buyer) a further $10 taken off. Making a total of $46.97 (£24.50) inc P&P

These are going fast

Awesome price. Even better than the bargain from EzyDVD.

Verified and working, I've added it to my basket and put the code in and works fine!

Anyone who doesn't have this and doesn't have an intense loathing of Star Trek has no reason to not buy this set. Even if customs catch it, it's still a bargain!

Nice find mikehb

Cant resist any longer, bought :smashin:

Wow great price, cheers for posting

:thumbsup:

Good find, not really much of a Star Trek fan but you cant go wrong at this price, will use the gift options to try and avoid customs as well :smashin:

Great stuff!

Customs arent going to be interested in 25 quids worth anyway!

Standard International Shipping (averages 10-12 weeks) :suicide:

I selected 2-4 weeks delivery its only another £2. Obviously a bit more risk with customs but i willing to run the risk to get a bargain

Re: Star Trek HD-DVD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I selected 2-4 weeks delivery its only another £2. Obviously a bit more risk with customs but i willing to run the risk to get a bargain

Same here. The standard shipping takes about 12 weeks!! :eek:

As a matter of interest, if we were hit by customs, how much is it likely to be on £25? A few pounds isn't too bad but if they add the same price again, then it's not quite so much of a bargain really. :rolleyes:

Having said that though, just take a look at some of the "Classic" episodes in Season One

Can't wait to see these in HD.

Gae

im not sure how much customs might be but if its a stupid amount then i just wont except the delivery

Same here. The standard shipping takes about 12 weeks!! :eek:

As a matter of interest, if we were hit by customs, how much is it likely to be on £25? A few pounds isn't too bad but if they add the same price again, then it's not quite so much of a bargain really. :rolleyes:

Having said that though, just take a look at some of the "Classic" episodes in Season One

Can't wait to see these in HD.

Gae

Customs will be very little (3.5% on goods + 17.5% VAT on the total - incl delivery) - should be less than a fiver, its the rip off post office 'admin charge' at a flat £8 that is the killer. Expect ~ £12ish.

Cheers Rom that doesnt sound to bad :smashin:

Cheers for that...the Box set is still a bargain even if hit by customs.

(Tries not to break wind just in case he is taxed on it!! :D)

Gae

I could resist no more :devil: thanks

Ordered.

Although, a delivery estimate of 10-12 weeks will allow me to save up to pay for the customs charges.

Why have I just bought this?

I'm never gonna think of a good reason for this one. I've spent too much time laughing at my girlfriend when she buys stuff because it 'was cheap', 'on sale', 'a bargain', to use those kind of excuses myself!

As long as I don't buy Hulk, that would be a big indicator of a real problem.

Why have I just bought this?

I'm never gonna think of a good reason for this one. I've spent too much time laughing at my girlfriend when she buys stuff because it 'was cheap', 'on sale', 'a bargain', to use those kind of excuses myself!

As long as I don't buy Hulk, that would be a big indicator of a real problem.

:rotfl: i nearly bought that the other day but managed not to click on the 'buy now' button. don’t know why i even considered it, its a terrible film!

Received my box set yesterday without a charge from customs. It was ordered on last Thursday on the 4 week shipping charge but got to me in less than 4 days. The only disappointment was the crack in the plastic box that contained the DVD and the broken plastic catch rattling in the bottom. It's a bit fragile and the packaging could have been better.

Things brighten up when played back one of the disc. If you desire this box set snap it up now! A friend of mine did say that customs are hot on Amazon US but not so Amazon CA. for $49.99 even with customs I think it's worth it, especially when you consider Amazon UK still has it up for £104.98!!!!

Great stuff!

Customs arent going to be interested in 25 quids worth anyway!
I got a £12.40 charge on something $50 from Amazon.com.

I ended up getting it for free anyways, as the postie just never even asked for it! But, still. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get this message when they try to use the discount code?

"We're sorry, but this offer was issued by one of our international sites and may not be used toward a purchase at Amazon.com. Please refer to your promotional certificate for full details."

Does anyone else get this message when they try to use the discount code?

"We're sorry, but this offer was issued by one of our international sites and may not be used toward a purchase at Amazon.com. Please refer to your promotional certificate for full details."

The code is for use with amazon.ca NOT .com, sure your not trying to buy from amazon.com??

Yeah, I went to amazon.ca and even opened up a new account for it. All very odd...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom