1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek Generations Missing Scene

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Indiana Jones, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,289
    I saw Star Trek Generations in the cinema all those years ago and there was a scene in it where Soran was telling Geordie about how he had put a nanoprobe in him which could stop his heart.

Well I have watched the film on VHS/DVD and TV and this scene was never in any of them, does anyone else ever remember seeing this scene or did I imagine it?

2. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There is a thread on this in the DVD Forum - I think it is titled Star Trek VI Special Edition

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,289
    I know I asked it, but that thread is about Star Trek VI and dont want to take it over, was just wondering if anyone else remembered seeing the scene in the cinema.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I did see it at the cinema and the scene does sound familiar... Why would it have been cut though? By the BBFC? or by Paramount? Very illogical ;)

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,289
    Just had a look at the BBFC website, it doesnt mention the DVD release but it states the Cinema release running time was 118m 5s but the Video release in 1995 and 1997 was 113m 3s

That means the Video releases were missing nearly 5mins of footage, that is quite alot, have also just had a look at my DVD and it is also 113m but the Region 1 DVD is 117m, does this mean the time difference is just PAL speed up or is there 5mins of footage missing from the UK VHS/DVDs?

6. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I saw Generations at the cinema but I don't remember this scene. Are there any other scenes missing from the video/DVD releases?

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,289
    Well it was 10 years ago so could be more that I dont remember but I always remember that scene with Geordie and Soran because he mentions the Borg and I had a bet running with my brother that the next film would involve the Borg, and I was right :D

Also, in the trailer for Generations it does contains bits which never made it into the film, one is where Kirk says "Lets try and cheat death together" seemed like a major bit in the trailer but never made it to the film.

8. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I read somewhere that this scene was removed.

Apparently the premise of the scene is that Soran was torturing Geordie and he did this by stopping and starting his heart.

The strange thing is a line refering to this scene is still left in the movie. The line where Soran says "He just hasn't got the heart"

I always thought it seemed a bit bizarre to leave that line in as it refered to a scene that was cut out and the audience wouldnt understand the reference.

I didn't realise that this scene was in the film at the cinema though. I was under the impression it was cut before it made it to cinema but maybe not

Daz

9. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,289
    Dr Crusher also refers to it when Geordie is in sickbay, she says she removed the nanoprobe so they left 2 scenes in the film which refer to the missing scene, very strange.

Maybe parents complained about the scene to the BBFC because it is quite unsettling for a PG and they had to remove it from VHS/DVD/TV releases, im just hoping its including on the Special Edition of Generations when it is released either in the film or as a deleted scene, wouldnt mind seeing the alternate beginning and ending either.