Star Trek: First Contact 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Will pick it up at some point when its cheap. Not in any rush with these films.

The 'Jean Luc, blown up the damn ship!' scene still urks me as you can see Stewart mouth the words as Woodard is saying them.

Once you've seen it, you cant unsee it.

Watched my copy yesterday evening, had intended to watch it on First Contact Day but that didn’t happen lol

Saw a 4K SDR version of it back in 2021 so I knew it was going to look good and this didn’t disappoint and popped even more thanks to the HDR, could watch the Sector 001 battle sequence on repeat all day long 😁

Saw a 4K SDR version of it back in 2021 so I knew it was going to look good and this didn’t disappoint and popped even more thanks to the HDR, could watch the Sector 001 battle sequence on repeat all day long 😁
Absolutely! I bought the set on iTunes USA for $19,99 and went straight to that Battle! Looking forward to watching the whole Movie & then the rest when I have time! :D

£19.99 for the 1-10 boxset on iTunes is a real steal, almost tempted to buy it just so I will have the option to watch them on the go lol

£19.99 for the 1-10 boxset on iTunes is a real steal, almost tempted to buy it just so I will have the option to watch them on the go lol
Unfortunately, that's just for the four TNG Movies, but still a good deal.

Also went to the cinema to see this and had the LD on a second hand pioneer LD player I had at the time (early 2000s).

My only pet gripe with this movie is the showaddywaddy music and dancing in that scene is a bit cringey.

Great remaster on the PQ for the 4k disc though.

Unfortunately, that's just for the four TNG Movies, but still a good deal.
The 1-10 set has been £20 on iTunes for the last few years.

The 1-10 set has been £20 on iTunes for the last few years.
Not continuously. It has varied between £19.99 and £49.99.
Most recently it was £49.99 between 3/1/23 to 27/3/23. See the price chart in the link I gave above.

@Evinger may be looking at Germany itunes where the collection is currently 79.99 euros or USA where it is currently $34.99.

Getting somewhat back on topic First Contact on itunes 4K looks very good even at my mediocre 11Mbps bitrate. I'll likely buy the TNG boxset (or individual discs) when the price drops down to £10 or so per disc (hopefully this Black Friday or even Prime day in July).

Last edited:
As I wrote above:-
I bought the set on iTunes USA for $19,99
I already had the 4K version of The Wrath of Khan on iTunes USA, so this collection of these four Movies was enough for me - I have the other Movies on physical Blu Ray.

Great review thanks, I will pick this up.

I did notice a small spelling mistake on the review "

"Star Trek First Conact Review"​

If anyone is bothered at all :)

Great review thanks, I will pick this up.

I did notice a small spelling mistake on the review "

"Star Trek First Conact Review"​

If anyone is bothered at all :)
Well spotted!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom