Quantcast

Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 - £36.97

Indiana Jones

Moderator

nwgarratt

Member
Not bad but needs to be cheaper for me to get it. I am currently getting Voyager from them for £33.97 each.

Trek will never be under £29.99 and that take at least two years after the season comes out originally.
 

nwgarratt

Member
krish72 said:
think I'll wait :)
New Year's Resolution is to cut down a bit on new purchases, and watch everything thats still shrinkwrapped!
I know what you mean.

No Trek has gone below £30 ever. That will be the lowest.

I still have five Voyagers to get. I am hoping they will be £30 by the time I get to them but I very dealt it.
 
W

west

Guest
Why don't you guys save your money and buy something decent.:D

I would recommend instead of throwing your money away on second-rate sci-fi like Voyager and Enterprise why don't you treat yourself to Babylon 5, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica 2004, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond or Dark Angel:thumbsup:
 

Indiana Jones

Moderator
Why do some people hate Voyager? and not others as I always enjoyed sitting down on a Sunday night and watching it on BBC2. Sure it wasent TNG but it had some good stories and overall I thought it was a good show.
 

krish

Distinguished Member
As much as I don't want to go off topic and seem a troll, VOY and ENT were insulting, badly written sci-fi that were retreads of TNG stories, that were finally even too crap for the most dedicated trekkie/trekker even with the fit bird in a catsuit (7 of 9 or T'Pol). TNG wasn't all that great truth be told with pretty bad acting apart from Patrick Stewart.

Now DS9, that was class, a mature intelligent quality epic sci-fi opera well written and acted.
 

nwgarratt

Member
Why do all Trek threads (not just this forum) end up in bashing Trek? This thread is about possible Enterprise bargain for those who like it (and me mentioning a Voyager bargain)?

If you don't like it that's fine but keep it to bargain talk and not "I hate Voyager and Enterprise". After a few posts it gets out of control and the bargain gets put aside to the bashing.

The same can be said with Star Wars threads and someone always has to criticise Lucas.

I will be getting Enterprise but won't pay £36.97 for it. I have been enjoying all four seasons on TV and will wait until it gets cheaper.
 

sy278

Novice Member
west said:
Why don't you guys save your money and buy something decent.:D

I would recommend instead of throwing your money away on second-rate sci-fi like Voyager and Enterprise why don't you treat yourself to Babylon 5, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica 2004, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond or Dark Angel:thumbsup:

If you dont like it, don't watch it! :lesson:
 

Passenger57

Novice Member
nwgarratt said:
Why do all Trek threads (not just this forum) end up in bashing Trek? This thread is about possible Enterprise bargain for those who like it (and me mentioning a Voyager bargain)?

If you don't like it that's fine but keep it to bargain talk and not "I hate Voyager and Enterprise". After a few posts it gets out of control and the bargain gets put aside to the bashing.

The same can be said with Star Wars threads and someone always has to criticise Lucas.

I will be getting Enterprise but won't pay £36.97 for it. I have been enjoying all four seasons on TV and will wait until it gets cheaper.
Totally agree - if you click on the thread it's because you're interested in the bargain. It's like the mega-negative reviews on Amazon for box-sets... e.g. Scream Trilogy, "worst set of movies ever made" I remember reading, why would you be even looking at buying the set if you didn't like it a bit?! Totally unhelpful!

I think Enterprise was very good - possibly because in it's early seasons it wasn't pompous and arrogant like most Trek. It was only in it's third season arc that it began to disappear up where no-one had gone before!!

I'm going to consider this in January with Chrimbo money. Good bargain spot, I've told a few people about this one!!
 

LFCRules

Novice Member
To help keep this on topic :D

Is the Amazon price, £33.97 - £35.97 per series, still the best price given the view £30 per series seems to be the limit?

EDIT: checked find-dvd and it does look to be. Now do I blow the yearly bonus on all 7 series :devil:

Cheers

Andy
 

nwgarratt

Member
LFCRules said:
Doh, should have said I meant voyager series. But then again as I read this thread, it's about enterprise. What a numpty I am :rolleyes:

I have just started getting Voyager. Season 5 was recently under £30. The rest have been over £30. I still need 4, 6 and 7 and waiting for them to be £30.
 

da walrus

Novice Member
nwgarratt said:
I know what you mean.

No Trek has gone below £30 ever. That will be the lowest.

:clap:

some 2 months back, thro' a thread on this site, I purchased Enterprise 3 - The Zindi for £19.45 still watching it ....cheapest I've ever seen and purchased- think it was from Play .:clap:
 

nwgarratt

Member
da walrus said:
nwgarratt said:
I know what you mean.

No Trek has gone below £30 ever. That will be the lowest.

:clap:

some 2 months back, thro' a thread on this site, I purchased Enterprise 3 - The Zindi for £19.45 still watching it ....cheapest I've ever seen and purchased- think it was from Play .:clap:

CDWOW did that price just after Xmas. That was the cheapest I have seen any Trek film under £30 part from CDWOW. I noticed on Play that TNG is getting re-released at £27.99 (RRP £35) in May. Perhaps, DS9 and Voyager will do the same but a lot later.
 
D

dwaitken

Guest
HMV are doing most DS9s for £33.99 each. I recently bought 3 and with a readily available £20 off £100 voucher this works out at £27.32 each.
 

Trending threads

Top Bottom