1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek: Elite Force 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Rasczak, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Just completed this and must say I thought it was brilliant - after the awful Chaser it was refreshing to play an enjoyable, fast paced game. First and foremost I admit it's a game for Star Trek fans and probably no-one else and as a FPS the game isn't that original. But that's not to say it isn't great fun. There are some top action sequences in there - some excellent phaser fights with a variety of bugs, humans etc. The interaction (something sorely missing in many FPS lately - with the exception of NOLF2) is there and improved no end by the Tricorder!

The addition of the "Golden Starships" is fun as well - certainly made me hunt around the levels very carefully. And some of the secrets are great - the Crate Monster for example!

The end of level bosses seemed to have been given a breath of fresh air over some FPS as well with many of them changing their tactics half way through the fight! Top stuff!

The ability to walkaround the Enterprise E is something that does only appeal to Trek fans - but IMHO it really adds to the gameplay. Ok so you can't interact with the conversations being held in the corridors but it all creates the right image - and how often would you butt into a conversation anyway? Whatever it was an excellent addition to the immersion. Throughly recommended IMHO.

2. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Sounds interesting...

As a closet trekkie, I might see if I can pick this up. Thanks for the mini-review :)

3. dvdric

dvdric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I like playing it online game holomatch is good:)

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    I've only given it a quick go online so far - found it to be as good as the original in that respect (i.e. fast, colourful and fun). The CTF game seems very good - haven't enjoyed such a simple online game since Q2!

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    excellent game on-line. And a great game too :)

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got the first game, but it is really dark on my system (virtually unplayable) - I heard that this is because it is incompatable with some nvidia cards? (I have a GeForce Ti4200 128mb)

Anyone know if the second game has the same problem?

7. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    i don't know mate. My copy runs on my radeon 9700 and it works fine. No slow-down whatsoever