1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek DS9 complete series boxset?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Urotsukidoji, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have or seen this? Does it look good? Is it good quality? Or am I just better off buying them Separately for cheaper?

Cheers.

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    It just contains the standard DVD season boxsets in a big box so you are just paying the extra money for the outer box and nothing else so unless you really want the outer box I would just buy them seperatley.

3. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have this and it cost £303 from play.com (with sun newspaper voucher) The price I paid for the set was very close to what it would have cost for the on sale sets so I got it...BUT I would not bother unless you REALLY love the show (Like I do :) )

Mine is number 273 of 1000

Oh and the quality of the outer box is ace..It's rock solid and built to last.

Here's a couple of pics of mine beside ONE season of DS9 on VHS :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot james. The vhs artwork is brilliant; I wish they kept em for the DVDs.

I think I will buy the boxset, it looks fab and I do love Ds9.

5. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It is a fantastic set if you're a fan and even if you pay the £337 asking price from play (I think they still have it in stock...Amazon has upped the price to around £400 now :eek: ) I think it's still worth it.

If you do get it from play.com it's REALLY well packed and came by Parcel Post van that needs you to sign for it...you also get a tracking number in your account and email so you can track it from the Parcel Force website :thumbsup:

I hope like me you can get it for less cash but if you can't I still say buy it (within price reason of course..around £337 max I would say not to feel ripped off). You'll feel good inside owning one of the best TV shows ever made in a cracking set :thumbsup: (and with only 1000 made it won't be around for ever)

By the way. You get all the DS9 Virtual Space Station cd roms in the set as well. I was worried when I ordered the set that those would not be included in this boxset. They are and they are a very good extra for your PC. :thumbsup:

6. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,360