Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Premiere (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

Oli

Just started watching the latest episode of this series (9) - the audio mix seems to be all over the place, particularly with the dialogue in the 5.1 mix. Is anyone else having this problem?

rustyk21

I thought it was absolutely terrible, but to be fair I think I fell asleep about 4 times as have been out for a birthday meal.
Might try to watch it again to give it a chance and see if it was the food and the drink or the episode made me fall asleep.

I also found the sound quite muffled in the first half for some reason.

nickj1000

Started to watch it and got bored within a few minutes and turned it off. I will go back to it though of course but in no rush which really send the message!

silent ninja

Clearly have a high budget. I'm on episode 4 and the story so far is unoriginal.

I'm sort of getting tired of Burnham. Georgia is much more interesting but not much airtime.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Ohhh.... so much dislike!

Fair enough, after all it is only entertainment TV. Personally I'm loving it, Q to boot.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
As much as I enjoy the program it really should be called Star Trek Diversity.
It's annoying and seems to try and tick every box available and then make sure by making up some new ones.
That weird boy looking girl and her dead weird not a boy looking boyfriend are irritating beyond belief.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
As much as I enjoy the program it really should be called Star Trek Diversity.
It's annoying and seems to try and tick every box available and then make sure by making up some new ones.
That weird boy looking girl and her dead weird not a boy looking boyfriend are irritating beyond belief.
I'm sorry you feel that way about diversity.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry you feel that way about diversity.
I don't, but forced diversity, yes it is annoying.
Well done on thinking you know how I feel about a subject because of a daft TV show.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Why does there need to be two threads discussing the exact thing? All this is being said in the Trek subforum.

Your on the general TV board forum? But If you think it should be merged request so. I agree with you actually.

nickj1000

I don't, but forced diversity, yes it is annoying.
Well done on thinking you know how I feel about a subject because of a daft TV show.
Too much diversity and it just loses all credibility. You could never find such a mixed bag anywhere in the Universe, except the new trekky universe of course

silent ninja

Too much diversity and it just loses all credibility. You could never find such a mixed bag anywhere in the Universe, except the new trekky universe of course

The diversity is ham fisted and clumsily handled. I totally agree. It feels PC and doesn't quite fit in with fabric of the show.

silent ninja

I think your reply is in itself is ham fisted and unsuited. But thats just me.

Sure, you're getting a bit defensive and not really adding anything.

I'm all for diversity because what we are is diverse by nature- as a nation, a country, a planet. What I find ham fisted is the depiction of diversity by movie and content creators who actually don't understand diversity. They think they do because they're supposedly the artists that are liberal, but they're usually over privileged modern snobs living in high castles in LA.
They want to make bold statements, rather than simply present our natural diversity. Two androgenous looking people as a couple felt quite forced, for example, in the aforementioned episode. It wasn't directed or written well, just came across clumsy and political. That's my take.

Give Michelle Yeoh more screen time. She's the best thing in it.

Last edited:

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
"For once, why don't you just shut the hell up?"

Phillipa to Burnham and in front of a Q too. I'll say this for her, dying or not. Shes got balls sent from heaven or hell and shes one damn tough bitch. Controversial or not, yeah, I like her.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window