Quantcast

Star Trek: Discovery. On E4

Garrett

This is starting next week on E4 14 December 8pm.

VisionMan

CH4 have picked up the linear TV rights to Star Trek Discovery.

Season 1 Episode 1 will be broadcast on E4 (why I don't know) on the 14th December. As is the penchant with CH4, all episodes are subject to change and may be moved to new time slots and different channels as they see willy-nilly fit but as usual won't change their Accurate Recording EPG info to reflect the time and channel change. But thats just CH4 for you. So series recorders beware!

Garrett

I don't know if I'm going to like the new series at the top of dislikes is the director, as in spinning round, dutch angle shots, even strigt on one's looks like one of the tripod legs is slowly sliding into its upper part.
Secondly too much subtitleing, for me that's a problem thankfully nice and big.
I also not struck on the crew only 3 characters so far and ones a whiney alien, but I take it that's going to be fleshed out.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I quite liked discovery, even though I didn’t always have a clue what was going on!

RiceRocket

I've been enjoying it, just a matter of getting used to a new crew & the F-bombs :eek::D
The technology thing is still a bit weird considering it's pre-Kirk!

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
I don't know if I'm going to like the new series at the top of dislikes is the director, as in spinning round, dutch angle shots, even strigt on one's looks like one of the tripod legs is slowly sliding into its upper part.
I also not struck on the crew only 3 characters so far and ones a whiney alien, but I take it that's going to be fleshed out.
Stick with it. It's better as a binge watch as well.

I remember several stand out episodes in the first series.

VisionMan

Oh believe me, it gets fleshed out. :thumbsup:

Garrett

A good mate bought me the first season on blu ray and sort of convalescing at the moment most of the time on my side the tilted angles are not bothering me, brain working in overdrive to correction orientation already.
Did you know when a baby's born they see the world upside down because that's the image they get on the retina and the brain eventually flips it.:thumbsup:

On my third disc episode 7/8 which I guessed very early on in the series was going to happen.
The captain just take steps a bit darker than what I thought Archer did in series 3 of Enterprise to a friendly ship.

I just thinking what the Klingon meant when she said I won't let them harm you:eek: