Star Trek Discovery Seasons 1-4

That would lock people out who aren't in the Apple ecosystem. Plus Apple isn't licensing any content is all originals.

CBS want as many subscribers as possible to their own streaming service and Trek shows are a major part of their game plan.

They are already in Canada and Australia. If they were looking to expand to the UK they could offer the CBS all access app through apple TV (minus discovery and picard) and then eventually through android.

Thanks for heads up. I'm like what the hell are these guys talking about? Q&A:confused:
How did I miss this? Well something to look forward too later:)

It was only released Saturday so not like its been out for weeks or anything, sure it will pop up on Netflix eventually but they didn't add the previous Short Treks until the day Discovery Season 2 started so could be quite a while.

CBS want as many subscribers as possible to their own streaming service and Trek shows are a major part of their game plan.

They are already in Canada and Australia. If they were looking to expand to the UK they could offer the CBS all access app through apple TV (minus discovery and picard) and then eventually through android.

That's different that is offering CBS as a service, not a single show through a single provider. CBS AA already has Android TV app on the US.

Netflix and Amazon are palatable to most users Netflix is the largest steaming service in the world and for many Amazon comes in second as people will subscribe for the next day shipping.

I am very sceptical of CBS launching out of the US and I wonder what the contracts are for Discovery and Picard on length of carriage. But then again I would subscribe if that meant we got multiple Star Trek shows during the year.

It was only released Saturday so not like its been out for weeks or anything, sure it will pop up on Netflix eventually but they didn't add the previous Short Treks until the day Discovery Season 2 started so could be quite a while.

I understand that, i missed the release date, was not expecting it so soon.
I'll watch it on a Amazon US account, tonight. 14mins! Wish they were Long Treks :D

I understand that, i missed the release date, was not expecting it so soon.
I'll watch it on a Amazon US account, tonight. 14mins! Wish they were Long Treks :D

I don't think anyone was expecting the first one to be available there and then just that they would announce the release dates and just for reference...

“Q&A” - available now (Pike era)
“The Trouble with Edward” - Thursday, Oct. 10 (Pike era)
“Ask Not” – Thursday, Nov. 14 (Pike era)
“The Girl Who Made the Stars” – Thursday, Dec. 12 (Animated)
“Ephraim and Dot” – Thursday, Dec. 12 (Animated)
“Children of Mars” – Thursday, Jan. 9 (Picard prequel)

Last edited:
That's different that is offering CBS as a service, not a single show through a single provider. CBS AA already has Android TV app on the US.

Netflix and Amazon are palatable to most users Netflix is the largest steaming service in the world and for many Amazon comes in second as people will subscribe for the next day shipping.

I am very sceptical of CBS launching out of the US and I wonder what the contracts are for Discovery and Picard on length of carriage. But then again I would subscribe if that meant we got multiple Star Trek shows during the year.

CBS all access in Canada doesn't include Discovery as there was already a deal with another provider for it. Think it might be the same in Australia as Discovery is on Netflix there.

Trek fans are always getting milked for their money. There will be many who will sign up for a service purely for Trek (lured in by Trek with the hope that they stay for other offerings).

Netflix and Amazon have already paid a lot of money for their Trek so it's unlikely they'll dip back in for Lower Decks. If CBS don't launch their service here soon then it could arrive with the section 31 or Pike prequel or whatever they decide to do next.

Also they are very serious about their streaming service. They are in the process remerging with Viacom so that will lock in even more properties..

Lower Decks may even end up on Nickelodeon via the Viacom merger.

CBS all access in Canada doesn't include Discovery as there was already a deal with another provider for it. Think it might be the same in Australia as Discovery is on Netflix there.

Trek fans are always getting milked for their money. There will be many who will sign up for a service purely for Trek (lured in by Trek with the hope that they stay for other offerings).

Netflix and Amazon have already paid a lot of money for their Trek so it's unlikely they'll dip back in for Lower Decks. If CBS don't launch their service here soon then it could arrive with the section 31 or Pike prequel or whatever they decide to do next.

Also they are very serious about their streaming service. They are in the process remerging with Viacom so that will lock in even more properties..

Lower Decks may even end up on Nickelodeon via the Viacom merger.

Depends on what tone they go for, if it ends up like Final Space or Rick and Morty then I can't see Nickelodeon showing it.

CBS in Canada don't have Discovery due to location laws that say something like if the show is shot on Canada and uses a local crew (which by law that have to) then it must be available over the air, not to sure how true that is not it what I have seen in the BBS Trek boards.

As for Nickelodeon they are already committed to a kids Trek cartoon. Lower Decks is going to be more Rick & Morty style humour.

Viacom maybe serious about steaming but do are Apple, Peacock, HBO Max and Disney. Some of these services will fail get traction. As much of a Trek fanboy I am the brand unfortunately doesn't have much pulling power these days. The whole CBS strategy seems to be based around Trek. It could be years if ever before they expand globally.

CBS in Canada don't have Discovery due to location laws that say something like if the show is shot on Canada and uses a local crew (which by law that have to) then it must be available over the air, not to sure how true that is not it what I have seen in the BBS Trek boards.

As for Nickelodeon they are already committed to a kids Trek cartoon. Lower Decks is going to be more Rick & Morty style humour.

Viacom maybe serious about steaming but do are Apple, Peacock, HBO Max and Disney. Some of these services will fail get traction. As much of a Trek fanboy I am the brand unfortunately doesn't have much pulling power these days. The whole CBS strategy seems to be based around Trek. It could be years if ever before they expand globally.

Big Bang Theory isn't on CBS AA in Canada as the rights had already licensed elsewhere, so it wouldn't be anything new if CBS AA launched in the UK with several big shows unavailable.

Nick at Nite might be a fit for Lower Decks as might Comedy Central. Eventually I can see a Trek show being available only on CBS/Viacom in the UK and that will likely coincide with the launch of All Access.

Big Bang Theory isn't on CBS AA in Canada as the rights had already licensed elsewhere, so it wouldn't be anything new if CBS AA launched in the UK with several big shows unavailable.

Nick at Nite might be a fit for Lower Decks as might Comedy Central. Eventually I can see a Trek show being available only on CBS/Viacom in the UK and that will likely coincide with the launch of All Access.

And hopefully brand new remasters of DS9 and VOY :D

That would be the only thing that would entice me to sign up. Even if it was just a select few episodes, say a dozen each.

Same here, you would think it would be a pretty easy decision as they want new Trek to entice people to the service and I am pretty confident that if they did remaster both and make them an CBS-AA exclusive they would see a noticeable increase in subs and due to the length of the shows its not like people could binge them in a weekend and would stay subscribed for months but obviously holding it back is the amount of work involved and the price tag attached to that (say $5 million per show) but I am sure they could do both shows for less than a handful of episodes of Discovery plus after a period of exclusivity they could sell off the rights round the world then release them on DVD/BD etc

Hopefully one day they will see the light.

Sorry I am not sure what your getting at Nick at Night is a US thing right? Not sure why you think Lower Decks is going to be treated as a lesser Star Trek show, one of their objectives is to make sure that all the shows are different and don't all feel the same so we don't end up with Star Trek fatigue.

Sorry I am not sure what your getting at Nick at Night is a US thing right? Not sure why you think Lower Decks is going to be treated as a lesser Star Trek show, one of their objectives is to make sure that all the shows are different and don't all feel the same so we don't end up with Star Trek fatigue.

It's post 9pm content.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's a lesser Trek show by default. It's set on an unimportant ship, it follows the stories of the support crew and it's only half an hour long. Compare that to Discovery or any other Trek series...

Q&A - I wasn't. The sense of humour was acid and very funny. I rather enjoyed it.

8/10

i really enjoyed that. Fascinating :D

Fun character studies

loved the chemistry between them, not sure what kind, admiration?

and Una's joyful rendition was great and unexpected
Gilbert & Sullivan :cool:....

...Two of them are now sharing a secret...

Horses :D

Short #2 - The Trouble with Edward

Loved this comedic short , an origin story of
the multiplying Tribbles
:D

Edward made a rod for his back, felt for him too

The episode should had finished on a compromise

Am i dumb?

H. Jon Benjamin as Edward Larkin and Rosa Salazar aka Battle Alita as Lynne Lucero were great, loved their intertractions, This conversation is over! :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Short #2 - The Trouble with Edward

Loved this comedic short , an origin story of
the multiplying Tribbles
:D

Edward made a rod for his back, felt for him too

The episode should had finished on a compromise

Am i dumb?

H. Jon Benjamin as Edward Larkin and Rosa Salazar aka Battle Altta as Lynne Lucero were great, loved their conversations, This conversation is over! :rolleyes:
Yeah, one of the best shorts that naturally flowed. Two leads were great. Shame to think there's no more
Edward. Benjamin was top - tidy whities shot aside. :eek: Also good to get Pike back in doses to ease his loss. Tribbles cereal ad was a nice touch to finish on

Yeah, one of the best shorts that naturally flowed. Two leads were great. Shame to think there's no more
Edward. Benjamin was top - tidy whities shot aside. :eek: Also good to get Pike back in doses to ease his loss. Tribbles cereal ad was a nice touch to finish on

crazy kids
i would de-fur them first :D

Another excellent short.

Captain sitting in front of the Starfleet board "He's an idiot" good to see the makers have a sense of humor.

They're also teasing us more with Pike and the Enterprise...the opening shot was superb.

Just noticed this on a re-watch.

Edward is wearing a Section 31 badge.

Capture 2.jpg

Just noticed this on a re-watch.

Edward is wearing a Section 31 badge.

View attachment 1206297
He had the same badge as the other scientists. That was just his experiment cover wear. It could've made sense though, as he had very questionable morality!
Top short.

Did everyone watch 'The Trouble WIth Edward' right to the very end of the credits for the really nice Easter Egg that follows the CBS logo at the end?

If you didn't then here it is , but if you haven't seen the preceding episode SPOILER ALERT

Did everyone watch 'The Trouble WIth Edward' right to the very end of the credits for the really nice Easter Egg that follows the CBS logo at the end?

If you didn't then here it is , but if you haven't seen the preceding episode SPOILER ALERT

Yeah, I mentioned it in spoiler tags above.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom