Star Trek Continues

Interesting, I thought it was their best so far. Having seen some other comments about it around the web, i think it may have been the change in pace that has surprised some people as episode 3 was a very fast quite short episode and this one was a little pondering and slow (compared to the others).

It's a long time since there was anything posted on this thread. The series has now completed its 11th and final episode. All eleven are available to watch at Star Trek Continues along with several outtake, featurette (etc) extracts.

I have just watched the last episode, and I must say I was hugely impressed with the way they drew this adventure to a close (no spoilers). It's just a shame they are finished, though.

I have just watched the last episode, and I must say I was hugely impressed with the way they drew this adventure to a close (no spoilers). It's just a shame they are finished, though.
Due to lawyers.

Star Trek Continues / Trivia - TV Tropes

• Screwed by the Lawyers: Following the June 2016 release of new rules regarding Star Trek fan films prompted by the Star Trek: Axanar debacle, the Continues team have stated on Facebook that the series will not continue. However, they also called out irate fans that they should place blame for the show's end on Axanar lead Alec Peters' well-documented misbehavior, not on CBS or Paramount.

Oh, how I would love to watch this on Blu-Ray on my Home Cinema system!

They provide the files for free, but I don't have the faintest idea what to do!

Star Trek Continues

Can anyone help? Please PM me and we can discuss this further. I'll happily pay you for the discs, artwork, cases, shipping and your time.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The six .zip files can be opened with 7zip and then disc burning software can write the .iso file to a single sided disc.
Afraid I only have a Blu-ray reader.

Just as a note, you know you can watch them online here:

Star Trek Continues

A smart TV with a web browser could do it.

Pretty sure the files could go onto a USB stick as well.

If neither is possible I will have a look at doing it.

The .iso files are about 24GB so you could try a 32GB USB stick.

Thanks for both your replies.

Trollslayer: your post #32 just confirms what I already know - I didn't understand a word of it and wouldn't have a clue what to do!

Sonic: thank you for the offer. Please PM me if you decide to do it.

For your information, I use a Chromebox as my main PC and a Chromebook as my laptop, and neither have a disc drive nor disc burning capabilities.

I have watched some episodes online via the Chromebox, but it's only on a 24" monitor in 2.0. It would be great to have the content on Blu-Ray disc to watch on a 65" screen in 5.1.4, that's all.:)

If your machines can't play back a Blu-ray I could separate out the episodes out as MKV files which they can play, you just lose menus etc.
I downloaded it all a while back.

I have a separate 4K player with my Home Cinema which is also Multi-Region for DVD and Blu-Ray too!

First blu-ray created. That was more painful than I thought it would be.

Creating blu-rays of "Star Trek Continues."

Posting here a bit of a guide. Largely because some things I had to figure out myself and I couldn't find a simple plan as to how to do it.

I have a laptop with Windows 10.

A bluray writer, connected via USB.

Blank CD-Rs

I used utorrent. 7Zip and ImgBurn programs.

If you are downloading those be careful not to also download shovelware.

Download from the Star Trek Continues site the torrent files.

Star Trek Continues

upload_2019-9-6_19-28-41.png

Clicking on them should open utorrent.

Remember where you put each folder.

I used a different folder for each torrent.

Then I found I had numerous files in each folder and no idea what to do with them.

I then found out 7Zip stitches them all the files together as a single ISO file. Tell 7Zip where to look.

upload_2019-9-6_19-37-22.png

Then I needed to burn the ISO file to the blu-ray. The problem was Windows says the ISO file is about 23Gb and the 25GB blank blu-ray disk disk is only reported as having 22.5GB available.

I found that was just a quirk of using Windows own burning software.

What I then used to burn was ImgBurn.

upload_2019-9-6_19-39-52.png

It doesn't use Windows and it writes the ISO file direct to the disk. Tell ImgBurn where to look for the ISO file. It should detect your blu-ray writer.

First the file can be verified by ImgBurn then it actually writes to the disk.

Finally after an hour the disk was ejected. I put it in my Samsung UHD player and it worked fine.

Just a quick shout out to Sonic!

No, wait, I'm 55 not 25! A huge THANK YOU to Sonic for burning the episodes onto Blu-Ray disc for me, and for his time, patience and expertise.

The Box arrived today and I watched the first episode. The sets, props, costumes, lighting, editing, music and camera angles and movements were just spot on. The effects were really good and the main computer was voiced by Marina Sirtis! I enjoyed the story and the image blew up pretty well on a 65" OLED, with just some natural grain present. It is just so lovingly crafted and beautifully realised, I sat there with tears in my eyes!

If you're wanting this on disc, he's your man! Only kidding, PLEASE don't inundate him with requests; he provides all the information you need in Post #39 above to do it yourself if you have any level of technical competence (unlike me).

P1000869.JPG

P1000870.JPG

Last edited:
Glad it worked fine.

It's not that hard once you've figured it. For a while there was some things I wasn't sure of and I couldn't find any idiots guides anywhere.

Last edited:
Idiot's guide?
Just ask me!

I'm always happy to ask for help and will readily admit my incompetence, especially when it comes to technical issues.

My brain just doesn't work like that, I am much more artistic than technical, there's no point denying it.

Thread bump!

Okay, have finally finished the series and all I can say is WOW!

If you loved "The Original Series" then you'll definitely adore this. To me, it is clearly the missing Season 4 that never got made as NBC pulled the plug and the writing reflects this - a great many episodes are continuations of "TOS" episodes, a "what happened next" scenario, that is just so clever, imaginative and rewarding.

You would honestly never know you were watching a fan-made show as the production values are simply fantastic, and it's made with such love and respect for the source material. A special mention must go towards the truly superb two-part finale, which is up there with any of the "official" two-parters across the various TV shows - it was simply wonderfully written and acted and just so moving.

I've put the Box right after my "TOS" 3 Season Blu-Ray Box Set on the shelf because it is Season 4 and it does "Continue"! What are you waiting for, people? Get downloading and burning onto disc whilst it's still free and available!

Thank you again to @Sonic67 for making it possible for me to watch this on a 65" screen via my 4K player. It's the sort of show that restores your faith in the goodness of humanity and just makes life worth living! :)

Last edited:
Pretty sure the files could go onto a USB stick as well.
You can also download them as MP4s, burn them to a DVD disc, and they'll play in a DVD/Bluray Player.

I like how it fills in the gap, between the last episode of the TOS, and TMP.

Did anyone else spot something puzzling, in the episode "What Ships Are For".

If they've lived in monochrome for centuries, why are their clothes brightly coloured?

Just found out about this.

We're watching TOS with my daughters now - just started second season - they're really taken by it :)
Downloaded all these episodes of 'Continues' - had a quick look at them - they look superb! Huge kudos to creators of this show.

Can't wait to finish TOS now and sink my teeth into this :)

Cheers
f.

Just found out about this.

We're watching TOS with my daughters now - just started second season - they're really taken by it :)
Downloaded all these episodes of 'Continues' - had a quick look at them - they look superb! Huge kudos to creators of this show.

Can't wait to finish TOS now and sink my teeth into this :)

Cheers
f.
You're in for an absolute treat.

Honestly, it's still one of the best "Star Trek" shows I've ever watched. Please update the Thread with your thoughts so we can continue to spread the word!:)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom