Star Trek Continues

Garrett

Really loved that, the guy doing Kirk got a lot of Shatners mannerisms of pat the way he moves.
The script of that series rather than the later series that followed the original series and the incidental music spot on in its use and reminds me how good it was far better than anything since.

Look at the end credits Jamie Bamber and Marina Sirtis:eek::smashin:

Garrett

Just looked and Apollo is played by the original actor who played Apollo in the original series episode Who Mourns for Adonais? .Michael Forest.

Oh and I noticed in the end titles a name of the actor of Scotty, Christopher Doohan who is the son of James Doohan.

MarkyMark70

Resurrecting an old thread... They have their second episode out now. It's an amazing piece of work. As a TOS fan, I'm blown away by it... Enjoy!

Episodes - Star Trek Continues

pj

and sulu is the guy from mythbusters!

Garrett

Just had to pause it as I have jobs to do but looks great and does cover something that cropped up in Enterprise.

Hope all that enjoy it sponsor them no matter how small.

Garrett

Not as good as the first one but
I did find the end moving. Its better to die a freeman than live as a slave
I think she must have been a great reader to come out with that quote by Edmund Burke about good men or watched Star Trek where they also used the Edmund Burke quote.

Garrett

BTW the big green guy is non other than Lou Farrigno aka The Increasable Hulk

MarkyMark70

Yeah it made me smile to see Lou. Does he only come in green ;)
I thought he did a fantastic job. Reminded me a lot of Khan at dinner during Space Seed. He's entered my top 10 villains list. These stories should be considered canon!

The production values are outstanding... The lighting, the sound, the camera angles are just perfect.

I really enjoyed the second tale with its moral tones. I saw that Rod Roddenberry had written them a congratulatory note. I'm sure his father would be very happy.

Garrett

Id love if they were picked up and used the same cast and made a series. It definitely has the feel of the original series. The lead got Kirk down pretty pat.

I'm glad Kirk decided to disobey orders at the end of all the captains knew he would do the right thing if he hadn't would know they not got the character right.

I thought he did a fantastic job. Reminded me a lot of Khan at dinner during Space Seed.
Yes I could see Kirk leading the guy into a trap.

Just wondering in the 3 shorts why McCoy was not the doctor. I remember the Turnabout Intruder and for a moment thought the actor was the same that accompanied Janice Lester then I realised it have to be someone else because the original would be a lot older.

MarkyMark70

I know what you mean... It would be great if it could become a full series. On their Facebook page, they're talking about working on episode 3. I think I read that the plan is to work on 2 episodes per year.

Not sure why McCoy changed. My brother was telling me the new guy is a huge Trek 'historian' fan who works the convention circuits, so I guess a change came about. He's unfortunately a bit of a weak link for me if I'm critical. He seems to need to grow a bit into the role.

Never the less... It's so good to see a 'real' Trek back. I'm sort of OK with Abrams Trek for a new generation, but I lament for the missing Trek 'ideals' that framed Gene's work. The kids of today are missing good story telling... (I'm a cumogenly old man! McCoy taught me in my youth ;) )

Garrett

Is that a corset?

Hope people use the link post 6 rather than just clicking on that video, For the official web site as a lot more to be seen there. And just using the video link is staving them of an optional donations links.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Just found this thread - the people making this are professionals doing it for free.
It has to be something very special.

Garrett

Just found this thread - the people making this are professionals doing it for free.
It has to be something very special.
I must say I cant remember about the first one but I know they asked if you liked it to back them for 4 more episodes/stories this was just for the props and filming etc, and they were giving there time free.

IndianaBlues

Yes , I really like the guy doing kirk, very shatner but nit going into parody
Agreed - not just that but he seems to be heavily invested in it personally - I counted his name 6 times on the credits for the 2nd episode in addition to playing Kirk - Exec Producer, co-Writer, Editor, Original Music and co-Carpenter!

I really enjoyed the episodes and the mini-scenes.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Third episode now complete, again picking up on where a "classic" show (Mirror, Mirror) left off.
Episodes - Star Trek Continues
Listen closely to the Computer Voice BEFORE you read the end credits.

Last edited:

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
They have put up a gag reel, and a scene comparison of one of the first vignettes they did on the web site.
also make sure you have seen the first short videos they did including happy birthday Scotty. They are very good also! Star Trek Continues - Space: The Final Frontier...

MarkyMark70

ST Continues posted on Facebook today that it's Chris Doohan's birthday... happy birthday Scotty! Your Dad would be proud : )

The mirror episode was fantastic!

Garrett

If your up at 10am this morning is the episode where Star Trek Continues is the follow up to that story.
CBS Action ch70 freeview and tomorrow at 9am is the first ever Mirror universe story, although Star Trek Enterprise had a 2 parter from this universe.