1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star rating Samsung DVD-HD745

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Caroline, May 9, 2005.

1. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just seen the write-up in HCC about the Samsung DVD player and I am a little confused. While I agree the player appears to be packed with features to enable it to play anything thrown at it and deserves the 5 star rating for Features, I am a little confused by the Verdict of 5-stars seeing as it was only awarded 3-and-a-half stars for both Picture and Sound!

It's all very well being able to play anything, but if it doesn't play it particularly well, what's the point? Surely, picture and sound are paramount on a DVD player, so why the five-star verdict?

Caroline

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Only 3 and a half stars! I'm sending mine back to Pixmania! I'm not gonna sit and watch a 3 and a half star pic. Lifes too short. And the sound too! Disgraceful.

...PJ :D

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +852
    Well Caroline - just goes to show how efficient magazine reviewers are, and lets you know that you should always audition things for yourself.

Cheers,

Martin.