1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star DVD's - Any good?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GarethH, May 13, 2001.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just noticed a new supplier www.stardvds.co.uk

Has anyone ordered from them yet and how long did your DVD take to arrive? They seem too cheap to be possible.

Thanks

2. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what i can make out they set up shop without ANY stock. Apparantly their stock is due to arrive on monday, although as they have thousands of orders to dispatch end of next week, or early the week after is when we can expect delivery.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,460
    If you want info on STARS then you should visit THE DVD FORUMS.
    http://www.thedvdforums.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000655&p =3

The basic story is that STARS are not allowed ( leggally ) to hold any stock in the country and so had to order there stock in bulk on ( or around ) the day they went live for ( May 1st )

Im prepared to give them a chance, in fact I cancelled 10 DVDs with PLAY and ordered the same from STARS and saved OVER £25

Ive just been and ordered the DIE HARD BOX SET for only £47.99
    http://www.stardvds.co.uk/view_dvd.php?session_id=ebe58c5e11b50f59fa8a4102d6d8c9ef&id=601

[ 13-05-2001: Message edited by: DuncanWardle ]

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I switched about 5 discs from play to these guys, play would have delivered some by now. They setup shop without enough stock

Mike