1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

star dvd UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mark P, May 22, 2001.

1. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    here is the latest stock information from STAR DVDS if anyones intrested. (PASTED FROM DVD FORUMS)

STAR DVDS
    Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Like I said on Friday I was away all weekend and yesterday and today have been email hell with the AB Sound fiasco.
    Had nearly 400 emails last 2 days with most of them AB Sound related.
    Anyway, most of our May Specials should be going out this week plus others such as Superman, Superman Box Sets, Ultimate Groove etc.
    I have also ordered today from another supplier to try to please some of you and ease the pressure on us at the moment. So coming in stock on Thursday/Friday will be,

Almost Famous
    Armageddon - Criterion Edition
    Best In Show
    Traffic
    Charlies Angels
    Life of Brian - Criterion Edition
    Pearl Jam - Touring Band 2000
    Point Break
    Shadow of the Vampire
    Stargate SG1 Season 1 Box Set

Others will be coming in next week. We have closed our checkout facility until we sort out these problems so we can concentrate on getting everybodies orders out.
    We have had alot of email and 99% of them have been polite and patient, and we have also recieved alot of nice supportive emails.
    It has been your patience and understanding that has helped greatly and made us want to do our best for you, I thank you all for that.
    Hopefully by the time we open our checkout again these problems will be resolved and we can reward you with a continuing supply of cheap DVDs.

With the checkout being closed you can not take advantage of any May specials. If we do not open the checkout again in May we will leave the specials on for 2 days after we re open for you to order them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) :) :) :) :)

2. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It seems they have finally got the initial stock order in their hands now and are ready to ship.

But - you just know there's a but with this jinxed order! - there are widespread postal strikes going on now, so we've still got to wait some more!

3. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is very fastly becomming a TOTAL FARCE!
    :mad:

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Well, I've kept my orders in with them.
    None of it is their fault and I can imagine them runnig around like mad to get things sorted.
    Not quite the launch they'd planned!! :D
    I'll always give someone the chance, one crisis after another only makes them look bad when in my opinion, they are doing sterling service dealing with everyone personally, and being upfront and honest and trying to please all the people all the time! :eek: It must be a big headache poor buggers. :)