Stanley Kubrick Film Collection 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 11/11/2019

“If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.” – Stanley Kubrick. Own 7 ground-breaking films and a revealing documentary* in one stunning limited-edition collection. This collection contains The Shining for the first time in 4K Ultra HD, as well as 2001: A Space Odyssey in 4K Ultra HD, a 20-page exclusive booklet, and a collection of beautiful art cards.

*This collection includes the following films: Lolita (Blu-ray), 2001: A Space Odyssey (4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray), A Clockwork Orange (Blu-ray), Barry Lyndon (Blu-ray), The Shining (4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray), Full Metal Jacket (Blu-ray), Eyes Wide Shut (Blu-ray), and Stanley Kubrick A Life in Pictures (Documentary on DVD).

Attachments

Last edited:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Hmmmm, tease!

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Really would like Eyes Wide Shut to get a 4K transfer (the existing Blu-ray is poor).

Might even jump for A Clockwork Orange too.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Well that became disappointing fast, the set is apparently only featuring the 4K's for 2001 and The Shining, so no new surprises.

Edition title list:

"Lolita" (Blu-ray)
"2001: A Space Odyssey" (4K UHD/Blu-ray)
"Clockwork Orange" (Blu-ray)
"Barry Lyndon" (Blu-ray)
"The Shining" (4K UHD/Blu-ray)
"Full Metal Jacket" (Blu-ray)
"Eyes Wide Shut" (Blu-ray)
Stanley Kubrick: Life in Pictures (DVD)

Edit: OP now updated.

Last edited:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Well that became disappointing fast, the set is apparently only featuring the 4K's for 2001 and The Shining, so no new surprises.

Edition title list:

"Lolita" (Blu-ray)
"2001: A Space Odyssey" (4K UHD/Blu-ray)
"Clockwork Orange" (Blu-ray)
"Barry Lyndon" (Blu-ray)
"The Shining" (4K UHD/Blu-ray)
"Full Metal Jacket" (Blu-ray)
"Eyes Wide Shut" (Blu-ray)
Stanley Kubrick: Life in Pictures (DVD)

Edit: OP now updated.
Very disappointing! You'd hope all of those will crop up on 4K UHD at some point so don;t see any reason to buy a fancy looking bit of storage really.

IGC

UPC: 5051892224369

£89.99 @HMV here they'll be giving these away by xmas. 11 disc set with 9 of the discs Poundland would struggle to sell.

Nice idea but what a disaster it's all marketing fur coat and no knickers.

They're still whoring around that old DVD of Stanley Kubrick: Life in Pictures too.

My biggest concern though is this implies there's no sign of these in the near future on UHD.

RetroDaz

My biggest concern though is this implies there's no sign of these in the near future on UHD.
It makes me think the complete opposite. Publishers are super greedy. I'd imagine that Cornetto trilogy will be available separately a few months down the line in the UK.

IGC

I'm not so sure. if you watch Filmworker about Leon Vitali -who knows everything there needs to be known about Kubrick's work where he was involved- which I mentioned here worked on The Shining restoration has been sitting around looking for work to do (that page may take some time to load as it's full of replies).

I've no problem really with this except most retailers are calling it a "Blu-ray" collection and very few are calling it a UHD collection.

It's neither, it's snake oil to pay the bill of AT&T buying Warner (now WarnerMedia).

FevreDream

Shame there’s no Full Metal Jacket 4K. Hopefully it will get a stand-alone release one day.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom