Standy vs Power Off

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by firstwave, May 15, 2004.

1. firstwave

firstwave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I took the plunge and bought the AE500.

I know you have to goto standby before powering off at the mains (or the switch on the side of the panny), but once in standby will it shorten the life of the bulb if I then turn off the main power.

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but I was unsure if standby does more than standby (if you know what I mean). On the flip side, it better to turn off at the mains when not in use.

Or does it make no difference?

MTIA

Darren

2. Gillykid

Gillykid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been wondering this. My AE500 is wall mounted and is very high, so switching it on and off is a bit of a pain, so have been leaving it in standby and getting a bit woried about it now.

Thoughts anyone?

P.S. Component in from a PS2 looks the b*llcks!! Best £10 I have ever spent.... :D

3. NoDad

NoDad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I certainly leave mine in standby, all of the time when not in use. The only bit of circuitry running is a bit of the power supply to power the IR remote sensor and the IR remote sensor itself.

Shouldn't be a problem leaving it in this mode, no different to a video recorder.