Stands for Q Acoustics M20 HD (Wireless Speakers)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Just a quick question as I'm currently looking at a pair of the Q Acoustics M20 speakers & just wanted to check these would be the correct stands to go with them -

I can't seem to find anything definitive in the description on any sites at the moment :(

Thanks

Neil

Onlythesound

Or these which look good in black or white.

Onlythesound

And here they are with my C20 speakers on top (not dissimilar design to the M 20s) so they might suit.

Attachments

• A0B571B1-6F86-4E1B-A114-A48E7A688AB3.jpeg
    A0B571B1-6F86-4E1B-A114-A48E7A688AB3.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 37

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Thanks Buddy

They look pretty good as well
My main reason for asking was because the stands all say they are of for their current range but wasn't really sure if the footprint of the M20 was the same (or similar) so didn't really know if they would fit ok on top

Will just decide which ones SWMBO prefers the look of the "aesthetic" quality & go with those ;) lol

Neil

nomore landings

Hi soundwave,

got the M20s arriving today. Plus
Stands
half the price of the Q ones and with a large top plate. M20 s are quite deep.
might be rubbish, but aesthetics not an issue for me. Will post if Ok.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
SWMBO rules!:blush:

Lol sadly she does ;)

Hi soundwave,

got the M20s arriving today. Plus
Stands
half the price of the Q ones and with a large top plate. M20 s are quite deep.
might be rubbish, but aesthetics not an issue for me. Will post if Ok.

Thanks buddy.
Those look pretty good as well & as you said price is really good
Be interested in your thoughts on them...also on the M20's too :)

Thanks again

Neil

nomore landings

Both arrived today. Stands fairly straightforward to assemble. Black glass top and bottom plates and are sturdy enough. Used to have attacama nexus6 years ago which were rock solid. Just finished unpacking the M20 s. First impression. Very well finished in teak wrap. Set up in 10 minutes and Bluetooth paired immediately. Top plate of stands wider than speakers and slight overhang front and back. Rubber feet grip well.
just fired some Radio Paradise mellow mix(I’m that vintage) ALAC lossless. They live up to the review praise. Tone and soundstage impressive. Only on fourth track so will comment later. Cat Stevens vocals sounding accurate and bass well defined for such tiny speakers. I’m used to large floor-standers at home but these are already very listenable. Bought to replace a 550 Denon soundbar. Different league.

nomore landings

image.jpg

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Both arrived today. Stands fairly straightforward to assemble. Black glass top and bottom plates and are sturdy enough. Used to have attacama nexus6 years ago which were rock solid. Just finished unpacking the M20 s. First impression. Very well finished in teak wrap. Set up in 10 minutes and Bluetooth paired immediately. Top plate of stands wider than speakers and slight overhang front and back. Rubber feet grip well.
just fired some Radio Paradise mellow mix(I’m that vintage) ALAC lossless. They live up to the review praise. Tone and soundstage impressive. Only on fourth track so will comment later. Cat Stevens vocals sounding accurate and bass well defined for such tiny speakers. I’m used to large floor-standers at home but these are already very listenable. Bought to replace a 550 Denon soundbar. Different league.

Thanks buddy
They look good on the stands & the review sounds great, definitely sound like they tick all the right boxes for me

Like you these will be replacing a Soundbar (Yamaha YSP2700) which has been serviceable for the last few years but I desperately want a proper stereo set up again & lack of space means that full monty system with Amp etc. just not feasible, so this will work a treat for streaming duties & if I can find a cheap Cyrus CD player (with it's tiny footprint) I can still consider adding CD capability at a later date to make use of my CD collection still

Thanks again for the review & info :)

Neil

nomore landings

Hi Neil,

from all I have heard, I think you would have difficulty bettering the M20 s with passives plus amp at anywhere near the price. Don’t usually buy based on reviews, but vindicated here. Nothing wrong with the “atmos” Denon 550’s SQ, but cannot compete with the soundstage of these actives. listened to some Netflix sound tracks and the optical input certainly delivers as the reviews suggested. Very impressed with the Bluetooth stream from both Qobuz and radio paradise lossless. Excellent value from Q Acoustics imho.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom