Stands for LG OLED TVs

InvisibleDuncan

I'm planning to get an LG OLED 65" TV shortly. I'm most interested in the OLED65C14LB, but that seems to have a very wide stand. The stand on the OLED65B16LA is more the size I was after, so does anyone know if the stands are interchangeable?

The unit I'll be putting the TV on is relatively narrow (78cm) but easily strong enough to hold one of these (it's been holding a 42" plasma for about a decade!).

Laviscus

Standard Member
I'm planning to get an LG OLED 65" TV shortly. I'm most interested in the OLED65C14LB, but that seems to have a very wide stand. The stand on the OLED65B16LA is more the size I was after, so does anyone know if the stands are interchangeable?

The unit I'll be putting the TV on is relatively narrow (78cm) but easily strong enough to hold one of these (it's been holding a 42" plasma for about a decade!).
This is almost exactly my situation as well. I believe the Tv has standard VESA mounting so I'm just going to get a VESA mount of my choice and use that.

allan1Paxton

A4C18E66-6297-4AA3-BBCA-DDEF3D7E38CE.jpeg
this is the stand I have for my 55CX. I’m tempted to upgrade to the 65C1 but have a concern that the max weight for the stand is 30kg but the 65 weights 33kg. Would I get away with it or is there a tipping risk.

chenks

Suspended
i would say there is a risk, as it's 3kg overweight.
the tv would also be wider than the stand too.

it's up to you whether you want to risk an expensive TV on a stand that isn't designed for the weight.

InvisibleDuncan

I emailed LG to ask them and got this response:

I am sorry to say that the stands will not be interchangeable between the different models. I do apologise for any frustration this causes. I would suggest if you are looking at the OLED65C14LB to have a look at VESA stands as this may be better suited for your situation. The VESA measurements are 300 x 200 and the weight of the TV is 24kg. As long as the stand supports these measurements and can fit on your unit then it will work.

allan1Paxton

it's up to you whether you want to risk an expensive TV on a stand that isn't designed for the weight.
That’s what I though but I looked at where I bough it. Thy have the same stand now rated for 65” but the spec is the same, specifically the weight.

I really want a new bigger set but live the stand and look.

InvisibleDuncan

I'm a little confused by the weight of this. Looking at the Currys website, they show the weight as this:

• TV: 32.6 kg
  • TV with stand: 24 kg
  • Boxed: 41.2 kg

Why is it lighter with the stand?

Last edited:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Ain't no way my 65" weighs 32kg. 24 sounds about right.

chenks

Suspended
I'm a little confused by the weight of this. Looking at the Currys website, they show the weight as this:

• TV: 32.6 kg
  • TV with stand: 24 kg
  • Boxed: 41.2 kg

Why is it lighter with the stand?

clearly a typo on the currys website, they have the weights the wrong way round

• Weight (TV)24
  • Weight (TV + Stand)32.6
  • Weight (W/Carton)41.2

allan1Paxton

That’s what I though but I looked at where I bough it. Thy have the same stand now rated for 65” but the spec is the same, specifically the weight.

I really want a new bigger set but
clearly a typo on the currys website, they have the weights the wrong way round

• Weight (TV)24
  • Weight (TV + Stand)32.6
  • Weight (W/Carton)41.2
thanks For this, guess I’m getting a 65 C1 😁

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom