Standby Saver - Logitech Remote

Andeh

I have been struggling with this for a while & am unsure what forum to put it in.

I have a standby aver to save 5-6 red lights on staying through the night. I recently bought a Logitech Harmony 900 to use, but it isnt detected by the standby saver.

As a result the standby saver will turn everything on, when turned on via old remote, but when using the harmony to start watching something it will turn everything off at it pings them.

Does anyone know of a standby saver plug that is compatible with with the logitech Harmony 900?

I have looked it up on avforums, about using an old remote & setting the standby saver as its own device - but with the standby saver not detecting anything from the remote its no good! :(

cheers guys

Andeh

Looking at the manual and seeing my AV receiver uses 0.7w in standby, and the TV uses 0.5w... a standby saver doesn't really seem to make much difference! - Any opinions? :)

John

I have a standby saver, I had it set to switch everything off when the amp was powered off. If there is a bit of kit you have that's always on use the power off signal for that.
However, having tried to monitor how effective they are by using first an OWL monitor and now an NPower monitor I have come to the conclusion that I will never make the money back I spent on it

wl1

johnscarlet said:
I have a standby saver, I had it set to switch everything off when the amp was powered off. If there is a bit of kit you have that's always on use the power off signal for that.
However, having tried to monitor how effective they are by using first an OWL monitor and now an NPower monitor I have come to the conclusion that I will never make the money back I spent on it

My Amp is 0.4w in Standby, but I then left Net control ON so i could wake it over LAN. And now Standby is 38w!

I use my H1 and have created a new device for it. But I do not include it in activities, just as a special one off at the end of the day.

logiciel

Does anyone know of a standby saver plug that is compatible with with the logitech Harmony 900?
Anything that has an IR remote control of its own can be controlled by any Harmony.
Post the details in the Remotes forum if you want more details.

wl1

logiciel said:
Anything that has an IR remote control of its own can be controlled by any Harmony.
Post the details in the Remotes forum if you want more details.

It doesn't have one of it's own, it is meant to learn one of your own. The issue I found though is that it learns a generic command, not a specific. By this, I mean I taught n an obscure command from my DVD player I never used, and whenever another command from DVD player wa used, all my kit would turn off!

So the devices learning ability does not seem great.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom