1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standby not working

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by DaveP, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm embarrased to ask this but can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Up until now I have been running one MC PC 24/7 and the other I have either switched off or put into hibernation.

I've now decided that I really need to go to standby, wake to record and return to standby. When I select standby the PC goes through the motions and the screen blanks and then, with no delay whatsoever, it wakes up again.

Have I missed something in the Bios settings or is it something in Control Panel? Or something else?

Thanks

Dave

2. markav

markav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Suggest you try disconnecting devices such as mouse, keyboard, network cable to identify which one, if any, is causing the wake-up.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what the problem was but it works OK now.

When I say OK, I mean sort of OK!

Now when it comes out of standby the mouse works but the keyboard doesn't. They are both wireless Creative devices using the same IR USB receiver so I'm at a loss to understand how one works and the other doesn't!

Dave

4. markav

markav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most strange!

I have noticed that when coming out of standby, I need to let the PC settle down for 10-20 seconds or my remote control doesn't work (even if it was used to wake up).