• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Standard Sky & Telephone Wire

papa_lazarou

I have just had standard sky installed and obviously the engineer plugged the line from the sky box into my telephone socket.

I know i agreed to this in the terms and conditions but what is to stop me just unplugging the wire and is there any way sky can tell if i have done this or not.?

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but i wanted to make sure first as at the moment the wire goes all the way around the room on the skirting board then over a door frame to get to the other side of the room where the telephone socket is. i would rather just remove the wire?

Many thanx,

Papa.

I

iSix

It's only needed for intractive services, if yo don't use those, remove it. I've always disconnected them in the past.

papa_lazarou

Thanks, that was what i suspected it was for.

So Sky are not going to be phoning me up every day asking me why it is disconnected when i unplug it? I really don't see how they could tell?

I

iSix

If it's a stand-alone box they don't tend to bother, it's only multiroom they enforce.

If they do notice, they'll send you a letter (never had this happen on a stand-alone box, neither has anyone else I know), at which point just plug it in on a long extension, do a callback to keep them quiet and unplug it again.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom