Standard Sky & Telephone Wire

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by papa_lazarou, Jan 11, 2008.

1. papa_lazarou

papa_lazarou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have just had standard sky installed and obviously the engineer plugged the line from the sky box into my telephone socket.

I know i agreed to this in the terms and conditions but what is to stop me just unplugging the wire and is there any way sky can tell if i have done this or not.?

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but i wanted to make sure first as at the moment the wire goes all the way around the room on the skirting board then over a door frame to get to the other side of the room where the telephone socket is. i would rather just remove the wire?

Many thanx,

Papa.

2. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's only needed for intractive services, if yo don't use those, remove it. I've always disconnected them in the past.

3. papa_lazarou

papa_lazarou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks, that was what i suspected it was for.

So Sky are not going to be phoning me up every day asking me why it is disconnected when i unplug it? I really don't see how they could tell?

4. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's a stand-alone box they don't tend to bother, it's only multiroom they enforce.

If they do notice, they'll send you a letter (never had this happen on a stand-alone box, neither has anyone else I know), at which point just plug it in on a long extension, do a callback to keep them quiet and unplug it again.