Standard Sky & Telephone Wire

papa_lazarou

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just had standard sky installed and obviously the engineer plugged the line from the sky box into my telephone socket.

I know i agreed to this in the terms and conditions but what is to stop me just unplugging the wire and is there any way sky can tell if i have done this or not.?

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but i wanted to make sure first as at the moment the wire goes all the way around the room on the skirting board then over a door frame to get to the other side of the room where the telephone socket is. i would rather just remove the wire?

Many thanx,

Papa.

It's only needed for intractive services, if yo don't use those, remove it. I've always disconnected them in the past.

Thanks, that was what i suspected it was for.

So Sky are not going to be phoning me up every day asking me why it is disconnected when i unplug it? I really don't see how they could tell?

If it's a stand-alone box they don't tend to bother, it's only multiroom they enforce.

If they do notice, they'll send you a letter (never had this happen on a stand-alone box, neither has anyone else I know), at which point just plug it in on a long extension, do a callback to keep them quiet and unplug it again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom