standard Sky STBs for 'Pay Once Watch Forever'

Icm76

I need to get a 'Pay Once Watch Forever' package installed and was wondering about the equipment that comes with it:
  • Are the standard Sky Digiboxes all the same manufacturer these days, or should I try and buy somewhere specific? e.g. to try and get Pace/Samsung and avoid Amstrad/Thomson
  • Do they include any HDMI sockets or are they still all SCART + RF output?

Also, anyone know if the LNB is a single, dual, or quad on the Pay Once installation?

fernandez

Novice Member
The POWF offer is a standard box and AFAIK only HD boxes have HDMI and usually you'll get what's available.

A single output LNB is fitted as it's only a standard box, although you may be able to negotiate (bribe/pay/supply your own) a quad with the installer

shilzp

Standard Member
Seeing as sky is a big company, all the different manufacturers will have boxes to the standards that sky have. the only difference will be the look of the box.
As its only a standard box, it will only come with a scart and RF output (usually 2)
Also, they normally only provide you with a single LNB as only one feed is requried unless additional boxes are installed.

Hope this helps

Icm76

Thanks, I figured that would be the case. Just thought that by Sky might've got around to updated the Digiboxes with a spec more appropriate to 21st century!

Starburst

Novice Member
Thanks, I figured that would be the case. Just thought that by Sky might've got around to updated the Digiboxes with a spec more appropriate to 21st century!

Not a lot of point offering higher spec hardware to customers that don't on average generate any ongoing revenue is there? For subscribers then SKY+ and SKY+HD are the models that are more functions and the subsidised costs is recouped in monthly subscription payments.

If you want something more advanced then there are Freesat alternatives but few channels offer DD audio and only a handful of HD channels this negating a lot of the value of optical and hdmi outputs or scaling.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom