Standard Sky+ Installation - replace LNB?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Borrower, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Borrower

Borrower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am getting Sky+ installed on 15th Jan which I am hoping will cure a problem I have with my current Satellite Receiver (Panasonic) :-
    I get the 'No signal received' error only on some channels (mostly BBC and ITV).
    I read in another thread that this might be a faulty LNB so I am now wondering if they install a new LNB when the install Sky+??
    Or if they dont as standard are they likely to replace it (free) if its still a problem after Sky+ install??

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    AFAIK, you should get a quad LNB installed to replace the current, dual, one.

John

3. Borrower

Borrower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John,
    Presumably thats for future expansion? I'm assuming that Sky+ only needs two feeds and therefore the standard dual LNB would be adequate?

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    A dual LNB would be enough for Sky+, the quad allows you to have one or more boxes in other rooms.

John

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY stopped using Dual units for two reasons, the first was compatability problems with certain units and the second was simple economics, they order a hugh number of Quads and the cost per unit was cheaper than buying a smaller amount of Duals.

Depnding upon the cost differences between Dual and Quad to fit your dish it may be prudent to spend a little more with future proofing in mind.