Standard SKY card in SKY+ what will happen?

Steve_B

Prominent Member
Reaction score
this has probably been asked before but couldn't find owt that covered this exactly when I searched... So here goes...

I am just about to buy a modded v1 SKY+ to get an SDI output, I have no interest in the sky+ features as I have Tivo, and not sky hd as the price is a complete rip off...

Will my standard sky card work as before with the + functions disabled or will I get nag screens telling me I must upgrade?

cheers

YOUR CARD WILL WORK NORMALLY

just the recording facility will be stoppped

remember to get the card paired to the box or you may lose sky movies and sports!

geomuss said:
YOUR CARD WILL WORK NORMALLY

I know its early but no need to shout... I am awake (just) :D

Thanks very much, that was I was hoping...:thumbsup: off to place the order later then

cheers

On the other hand, if you do already subscribe to movies and sport this means that you have 2 premium packages and so will get all the Sky+ features incuded in your sub at no extra charge.
From what I have read about Tivo (and I could be wrong about this) the recordings are not the same quality as the broadcast. With Sky+ the recordings are exactly the same quality as the broadcast. Also if you make use of the twin tuners by running another cable from the dish (you may need a new LNB to be able to do this) then you can record one channel whilst watching another or record 2 different channels at the same time.

Have what was called the family pack - pretty much everything excluding premium content, no movies or sport.

Yes you are right, the quality of the recordings isn't quite as good as sky+. But from what I have read the functionality of TiVo is far superior?!? Mines modded so have the luxury of running it in the best quality all of time and now that I have added the HD+ to the mix and using RGBs out of the TiVo there is vast improvement.

As I have the option of getting an even better picture (than even HD in some respects) through the HD+ with SDI... thought I would take the plundge :D

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom