1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

standard settings for AE100?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Swinnydon, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Swinnydon

Swinnydon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently picked up one of these babies from sound and vision. I'm just wondering whether there are any "standard" settings that people are using, ie roughly how much tint/contrast etc people are setting them to.

I know that a lot of this depends on lighting conditions but I remember there being pretty standard settings for the Tosh zd26 that helped me alot. I usually have all the lights off in the living room when using the projector and have fire red (very dark) matt painted walls.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Swinneydon -

Sign up on Timh's Thread here and add your name to the list of owners ! :smashin:

One way to get an initial feel for the settings and their effect is to use the THX Optimiser that comes on most THX rated DVDS - AOTC, for instance. AVIA is the norm route for calibrating - I don't have it, but clearly rated by most here.

See ya,

Sean G.