Standard, Intermeadiate Expanded?????

Macleanrd

Picked up an elite today, well chuffed with it, was going to trade my premium in at gamestation, but they refused it as they said the seal has been moved, I have never modded it and never even knew where the seal was unntil they showed me it under the faceplate, as you can imagine i was well annoyed as I have never ever removed the faceplate or tampered it in any way, its 10 months old and and i bought it from argos but alas cannot find a reciept as i was going to confront them about it...........

Anyway back to my question...........can anyone tell me what the standard, intermeadiate and exspanded settings are for and which is the best setting for me? I have a pioneer 507 plasma connected via hdmi..........thanks in advance.

KinkyAffro

Picked up an elite today, well chuffed with it, was going to trade my premium in at gamestation, but they refused it as they said the seal has been moved, I have never modded it and never even knew where the seal was unntil they showed me it under the faceplate, as you can imagine i was well annoyed as I have never ever removed the faceplate or tampered it in any way, its 10 months old and and i bought it from argos but alas cannot find a reciept as i was going to confront them about it...........

Anyway back to my question...........can anyone tell me what the standard, intermeadiate and exspanded settings are for and which is the best setting for me? I have a pioneer 507 plasma connected via hdmi..........thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about your trade in probs mate, nightmare, cant help you with that though i'm afraid.

Reason i'm on is cos i have the 507XD and am still pondering trading in the premium for an elite. I know (cos i remember things you see :rotfl:) that you started a thread about running the elite on a 507 and whether you'd get 1080P through the hdmi. The post only got one reply from a chap called "aniki" who seemed to know his stuff. I know he said the elite wont output 1080/24p and something about the pioneers can't process 1080/60P and so you wouldn't be able to view 1080P even via the hdmi. He recommended the change wasn't worth it.

So i just wondered...now you've got it... do you notice a difference on the 507 between component and hdmi? Also was he right, "aniki", can you NOT get 1080P? I get fantastic PQ through component on the 507XD. Was it truethfully really worth the upgrade? What made you go for it anyway despite that chap saying not worth it?

Sorry....so many questions... ;)

Macleanrd

I got the elite because wanted a larger hard drive, it was black, and for the hdmi connection.

I have found the hdmi better and I am well chuffed. You cannot get 1080p via hdmi but it has definately improved the picture.

AVF Jazzy Geoff

Do you have a bank statement with the Argos purchase on, if you do you dont need the receipt

Macleanrd

Yes i must have somewhere, will have a hunt for it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom