Standard Definition LCD?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Kaprikawn, Apr 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Kaprikawn

Kaprikawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So I hooked up my PS2 via official component to my HDTV and played Final Fantasy 4 (a PS1 game) and it looked absolutely awful (even, or should I say especially, the new cutscenes). There were every kind of upscaling artifact you could think of blown up to 37", it was a disaster. I was thinking of a way to play these games in a way that is acceptable to the eyes. I hardly have any room at all so I was thinking a small (15"-19") standard def 4:3 lcd tv. Can you actually get these? I think I saw one in ASDA a few months ago but I'm not sure. It's difficult finding one online, when you type in standard def lcd or something similar, it just gives you results that contain the standard def performance of HDTVs which isn't much use to me because I don't want to have to scale the image, I want standard def. Also, is this the solution to my problem, will the games look the same as on a normal old portable tv? I'd rather not use a normal portable CRT TV due to my space issue but I'm thinking I may have to go down that road.

Thanks in advance.

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange, played my ps2 via scart 2 non rgb via my 47 wlt66 and the pictures perfect, either the settings are wrong in the ps2 or the lcd picture settings are wrong. Failing that, the panel may not be so good.