• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Standard Def True Widescreen Camcorder needed

scoob101

Title says it all really, I`m wanting a decent Standard Def (HD is a waste of time IMHO) camcorder which can record in true 16:9 widescreen format.

Can anyone make me a recommendation :lease:

Thanks!!!!!!

Tinderbox (UK)

Novice Member
I have had Samsung mx20 and Panasonic s26 and JVC 330 sd camcorders , and the picture quality was very dark on the Samsung with poor detail , Poor detail on the Panasonic S26 and the JVC 330 was not much better.

But i bought an JVC GZ-MG430 and the picture quality wipes the floor with the rest of the sd camcorders i have used, I cannot find any info on the JVC website on this camcorder , but the manual is available.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom