1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

standalone freeview receiver suitable to hook up to a pvr

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by leonlikestrees, Jun 1, 2005.

1. leonlikestrees

leonlikestrees
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

I want to have a freeview pvr/home cinema combo, and am not sure whether to get a freeview/pvr combo (like pace twin, or humax 8000t), and combine with an all-in-one system without recording capability, or to go for a separate PVR (panasonic HT1500), and combine that with a freeview receiver.

Are there any advantages one way or the other?

Are some freeview receivers better than others for recording? I particularly would like to be able to get the recording triggered from the freeview box.

Leon

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Leon

Have a look here for FreeView PVR's.
    I have no experience of using an stb with a separate recorder; but it is probably going to be more complicated than an integrated FreeView PVR.

The Pace (which I have) is no longer available and is significantly under specified.

The Sagem looks OK; the Inverto looks good but believe still not widely available.

I also have a Topfield; bit quirky; updates need connection to a PC; interface not as good as the Twin. Hard disk can be a bit noisy and it has some irritating features.
    However mine is totally reliable and currently the best specification in most respects. It can also accept third party software which is being developed all the time. These programmes (TAPS) have already sorted some of my original problems.

Hope this helps Richard