Stand up comedy - over 18's only!

=adrian=

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite hard to find something good on YouTube, so feel free to post your favourites. I'll try to dig something out too

Only two that do it for me are Doug Stanhope and Bill Burr (lots on YouTube and check out Netflix).

I laugh until wee comes out!

I'll check them out, thanks :)

Some of my selection (some of them a bit old, but still funny) :)

The quality of those used to be much better on YT, for some reason, not any more

Rich Hall

Rhod Gilbert

I wanted to post few more, but it seems like they are either completely gone from YT or in very low quality. Must be a newest copyright thing or something, because I swear I saw some of those not so long ago on YT in HD quality.

Rhod Gilbert came to my mind straight away but he has allready been posted. He has me crying with laughter at times.

Look for

Tom Stade - 2. Meat Van Guy - The Blue Album

on youtube. Follow up with the part 3 (Primark/Argos).

Contains effing and jeffing so no direct link.

I saw him in Afghan and he did the Bilston meat van skit and I thought he was doing it solely for our benefit and then I realised most of the people there watching him probably had no idea where Bilston was.

Last edited:
Louie CK is a firm favourite in my house, and the video above is so clean compared to other videos he has out there.

Look for

I saw him in Afghan and he did the Bilston meat van skit and I thought he was doing it solely for our benefit and then I realised most of the people there watching him probably had no idea where Bilston was.

Being only several miles from Bilston - I found the Meat Van sketch on Comedy Roadshow hilarious.

Here is the video for it, just watched it again, didn't hear anything that is NSFW:

Being only several miles from Bilston - I found the Meat Van sketch on Comedy Roadshow hilarious.

Here is the video for it, just watched it again, didn't hear anything that is NSFW:

He has done the same routine a few times. I heard it in Afghan. I also heard him do it at The Glee Club. He has also done it if you search for the link I mentioned above. Obviously he tailors the routine to the audience.

Some comedians I've seen lately, all of which available on youtube.

Simon Evans
Ian Moore
Ben Norris
Hal Cruttenden

I have to say, much as I love all sorts of comedy, the Bill Hicks thing escapes me.
Reasonably funny, I'm not saying he isn't, but I don't get how he's practically deified.

Bill Hicks goes too far with some of his jokes, not the content just doesn't let the joke go for a while...

His 80's pop star princess vs Jimi Hendrix piece.... Lol till it hurts.

Suppose having a few special smokes during listening helps get in the frame of mind for him

I dunno, I just think there's a touch of the 'Lady Di effect' with Bill Hicks.
He died young, so people attach more sentiment to him than his material necessarily deserves.
It's maybe the delivery, I grew tired of 'angry' comedians a long time ago.
I much prefer laid back comedians, my current favourite being Simon Evans.
His relaxed stage presence and use of language is just immense.
Try his show on R4 (iplayer), it's brilliant.

Hi,

Russell Peter's is pretty good live imo - spares no one!

Suave!

Look for

Lol. Saw him do that on the BBC show. Couldn't believe he was doing a sketch about our little home town! Me and the Mrs were wetting ourselves laughing. Guess you need to know the town....

If any of you haven't seen any of Eddie Murphy's two standup videos (Delirious and Raw), you really should. They are incredibly funny and still very current considering they are getting on 30 years old. Richard Pryor's old routines are also very, very good as are Chris Rock's.

Of the current crop, I must admit I love Frankie Boyle. Whilst I can see why he generates angst from the wider public with his contentious material; isn't that what comedy is about? Nothing should be taboo in standup and I simply do not get why people moan about him or his content. You know what's coming so if you don't like it, don't watch it - it really is that simple :facepalm:

Dara O'Briain is another firm favourite. Went to see his show about 12 months back or so and it was superb. Incredibly intelligent guy and extremely witty.

Also like Rhod Gilbert, Jimmy Carr, Kevin Bridges and a few of the other usual suspects mentioned in this thread.

I'm also another who has never liked Bill Hicks or George Carlin for that matter. That said, there are very few US comedians I do like as I find their humour (in general) very different to ours.

I got right into Bill Hicks when Bush vs Iraq was kicking off again, few blunts later and you forgot he was talking about Bush senior. He took things too far with some jokes and you can tell from bootlegs when he's not having a great show but some of his stuff has me in stitches constantly anytime I hear it, his 'next evolutionary step' sketch always makes me laugh.

off to see Tom Stade in November in a place local to me. would love to see him to the meat van sketch, but doubt he will.

also, have to say - bill hicks - i really don't get the hype around him. from what i watched i just didn't find it funny.

for a good bit of blue, watch some of mike reid's old stuff - proper funny.

I think watching Bill Hicks means you miss out too much, his filmed stuff was tamed down I found

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom