1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand to house AVC-A1XV

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by MadMaelstrom, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Struggling to find a quality stand to house this beast, anyone know of one? Must hold 4 items also (4 shelves)

:lease:

2. benbo

benbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought of Optimum? I think you can choose your own gap sizes and have them different for each shelf - just a thought link :smashin:

3. tills

tills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these and it fits perfectly and you can't see it.

http://www.kuban.co.uk/

I chose the KTD600 in walnut, good luck.

4. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'd be careful with glass shelves. The monster weighs more than 40kg. I've got some custom made metal shelves and the one the A1XV is on is actually bending slightly :eek:

Also, with closed cabinets you have to bear in mind the amp's 12 power supplies, which generate enough heat to allow you to switch off your central heating in winter :D The amp needs some good space on top and on the sides. I guess the answer is to call in a carpenter and have one made...

5. tills

tills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right when i run the amp i leave the cabinet door open and after until the unit cools down.

6. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have just ordered the Denon A1XV today and Blok have told my dealer they will make one with extra height on the bottom shelf to accomodate the Denon (the 500 with 5 shelves).

It will still stick out 6cm from the back but the feet of the Denon will be on the platform.

Cheers
    Darren

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Thats good of Blok to custom make a shelf for you, they do look very nice racks as well.

8. STPRINS

STPRINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the US and will be moving to the UK by the end of the year. I wanted to buy a 5805 here since it is possible to find it as low as $4500 and I did not want to wait 4 months. Unfortunately it seems that it can not be switched to 230v. Does anyone know if this is infact true?

Secondly, is it possible to find it in the UK for similar prices or at least save on the recommended 4000 pound price?

Same goes for the 5910 DVD which can be bought locally for $2700.

Hope you can help since you already own some of these.

Thanks.

9. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    STPRINS: Denon are very strict with their price policy in the UK and actually only supply the A1XV to selected dealers. The dealers are not officially allowed to give you a discount on the unit, but the way the usually do it is give you a bigger discount on other items if you buy a number of things as a package. The most i've seen so far is about 10%, so not much. Same with the DVD-A1XV (5910)

Bear in mind that you are moving to a country where everything from groceries to electronics costs substantially more than in neighbouring country, therefore it's called Rip-Off Britain. Not only do we get less features than the 5805 (e.g. radio, etc.) but have to pay more money and get a bad customer service. It's the same with everything else here. So load up on everything before you move here.

The problem is, however, the voltage. The unit has 12 independent power supplies and indeed there is no way to switch to 220V. Most electronics such as cameras, pcs, etc. allow you to switch. I would enquire with Denon directly, saying that you want to take your 5805 with you to Europe and asking what can be done. Good luck.

10. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    could you not buy a 220v to 110v convertor, i know people who have done this before for powering imported DVD players, would have to be quite a powerful one for the current the amp pulls though.

11. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That's right, and I think there's usually also an issue with the Hz when converting from 110v to 220v. If I'm not mistaken, 110v has 60Hz and 220v 50Hz and while it's easy to convert the voltage it's not easy to convert the Hz. I think this is not an issue for smaller electricals but in this case I wouldn't risk it.

12. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Andy,

I thought you might appreciate these of my AVC A1XV in the Blok 500 :thumbsup:

Cheers
    Darren

Attached Files:

13. Evil Engineer

Evil Engineer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    DLau,

Talk about cable spaghetti round the back, there!

BTW: Isn't the Iscan HD+ a bit of unnecessary doubling up as AVC-A1XV has scaling built in? If you don't need the extra three channels of amplification I'd say go for the AVC-A11XV. Much more likely to fit in an existing rack, if nothing else.

14. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The cabling is all pro installed each connector has a wall socket and is a lot more wife friendly, even the speakers now connect to wall sockets where they are placed.

Re the iScan, I needed it as the AVC A1XV did not quite have the things I needed for all my devices in terms of scaling.

I did audition both the 11XV and the 1AV, two things first the 1AV sounded better and with the 10 channels it allows me to Bi Amp the front two speakers with is great generally but works well in the 'Pure Direct' mode driving just the two front speakers for audio only.

For me the the extra cash justified the A1XV(and the wife said I could have it :smashin: )

Oh sorry one more thing, although the A1XV protrudes by 6 CM from the rear of the Blok stand all the feet are firmly on the Blok platform

15. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Must say that looks nice...and i thought the back of my current setup was spagetti junction.
    My setup is due to be fitted this Friday/Saturday. As soon as its done i'll post up a couple of pictures.

Thanks again for posting the pics up, its appreciated

16. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Why only the front two speakers? The A1XV allows a full 7.1 system with front AND center speakers bi-amped as you have 10 channels. Bi-amping the center makes a big difference I find.

17. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A pleasure, I look forward to your pics :)

We just need to re-decorate where all the holes were made and repaired now....