stand size for the new Tosh 36ZP

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Markster, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have the stand size/spec for the new toshiba picture frame 36" TV?.

There is nothing on the toshiba website

I see it has 2 shelfs but I will have 5 objects: Centre Speaker/Amp/Sky/DVD/VCR

I want to work out if i will need a new stand.

thanks

ps. Do you guys put your centre speakers on top of your tv sets?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Markster

There are 3 shelves - the bottom one which is part of the unit and 2 seperate glass ones.

They're all 78cm wide and 47cm deep

Height wise, the bottom one is 11.8cm, the one above is 12.2cm and the top one is 13.5cm (it's actually a bit deeper at the front but there's a supporting bar that cuts it down to 13.5). As a matter of interest you've got about 5cm from the floor to the bottom of the first shelf which gives you a bit of cable tidy room.

As for the centre speakers, I don't have seperate sound at the moment but the top of the TV is pretty flat.

Cheers
    OG

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn
    Which means that only one item will go on one shelf. (vcr-dvd-sky) - it looks much wider on the image!

So i have no where to put a centre speaker and an amp :(

thanks very much for that, I guess I had better start considering a stand as well!

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Markster ]

4. kenjolly

kenjolly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

Got my Tosh last week (from Robinsons electrical in Kendal). I took the first shelf out which left plenty of room for my B&W CC6 centre and put my Sony video on the bottom of the unit (just fits). Reckon I'll have enough room for a Sky digibox under the centre when I eventually get one.

My other option was to re-position of the shelves to raise the level of the centre. This would involve having to drill extra holes but as it turns out the sound from the centre is OK.

All my other components eg AMP,DVD, CD, etc are on a seperate stand.