Stand Removel On Samsung LE46F71BX!!

kit-kat

Standard Member
Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to remove the base\stand on this LCD:rolleyes:!! open box & noticed that the stand was all ready fixed!! ok i thought a few screws to undo easy enough!

looked at rear saw 4 screw holes marked with "S" looked to be the correct ones to undo base undid screws as till they where just turning free then tried lifting TV up the way (was sitting upright on stand) nothing solid! ok unscrewed screws even more even though they felt they where loose & just spinning now! tried lifting TV nope still wont come free! by this time its late & am knackered so looked at the instructions & they had a pic of the TV lying flat face down! so tried this thinking this will do it as there will be no weight on the stand!

Nope still will not come free!! so i ended up taken the stand apart from the swivel base so i could at least get it on the wall!!!!

So i take it these 4 screws must be at least 4" long & ill need a magnet driver to get them out! would it be ok the put the TV down on it's BACK so the screws fall out if i can't get them with a magnet driver!

Think i know i need to lie it flat on its back BUT not to keen on putting my TV down on front/back this ok to do?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony XH95 TV, Klipsch The Fives Speakers & Bias Light Reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom